HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » UPDATE! Cat case not pre...

Thu Apr 30, 2015, 02:17 AM

UPDATE! Cat case not presented to grand jury (vet that killed cat with arrow and posted pic on FB)

BELLVILLE Austin County officials say evidence is still being gathered in the case of a veterinarian who bragged about killing a cat with her bow and arrow.

District Attorney Travis Koehn said the case was not presented to an Austin County grand jury that met Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.brenhambanner.com/news/cat-case-not-presented-to-grand-jury/article_8256b1ee-8921-5c1f-bfd7-64bb43f0e0c6.html (subscription required)

2 replies, 734 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply UPDATE! Cat case not presented to grand jury (vet that killed cat with arrow and posted pic on FB) (Original post)
TexasTowelie Apr 2015 OP
TexasTowelie Apr 2015 #1
hlthe2b Apr 2015 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Apr 30, 2015, 02:24 AM

1. More from KBTX:

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Cat-Case-Not-Presented-to-Grand-Jury-Wednesday-301699161.html

BELLVILLE - A small but vocal group of animal lovers gathered in Bellville Wednesday asking for justice for Tiger.

He's the cat allegedly killed with a bow and arrow by a Brenham Veterinarian who bragged about it on Facebook, and then got fired for it.

News 3 visited with protestors and looks into the latest on the case.

Protestors spread messages outside the Austin County Courthouse in memory of a cat whose death went viral.

More at link.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Apr 30, 2015, 07:52 AM

2. I think the activists' fear that DA is hoping to wait until the furor dies down...

in order to present nothing more than a perfunctory case to grand jury--all but ensuring no further action, may be well founded. However, I think there has been so much outrage, he may regret trying to do so, if this is the case.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread