HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Wisconsin (Group) » Kieler election official ...

Mon Apr 11, 2016, 11:39 AM

Kieler election official on voter ID laws

Saw this in the local paper today about one election official in Kieler (about seven miles northeast of the border with Iowa).

For 30-year local election chairman Gus Runde, a Wisconsin voter-ID law caused as much conversation as any candidate in last week’s elections.

“Some people got pretty angry,” he said of the law, which required voters to show photo ID as well as state their name and address. “They’d say, ‘What the hell is wrong with you? You’ve known me for 70 years.’”

Although the vast majority of voters knew about the law, fellow 30-year volunteer John Richard recalled a similar scenario.

“Somebody might come up to you who was your neighbor all your life, and they look at you and, ‘Geez, you know who I am,’” Richard said.

And I bet cash money some of these angry people were all about the voter ID laws when it kept "them" from voting and thought it was supposed to not apply to them. Some of these people are probably all about Scottie Wanker and the other Republicans up there in Wisconsin.

2 replies, 1540 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Kieler election official on voter ID laws (Original post)
47of74 Apr 2016 OP
AllyCat Apr 2016 #1
Kashkakat v.2.0 Apr 2016 #2

Response to 47of74 (Original post)

Mon Apr 11, 2016, 12:02 PM

1. White privilege is all the rage with these people. Now, they get to face it.

Unfortunately, so do the rest of us and our election process is hacked.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 47of74 (Original post)

Mon Apr 11, 2016, 12:24 PM

2. OK, this polling place complied with the law - do we know they all did? Hate to think small rural

white communities would have an advantage over larger, more anonymous urban multicultural culture communities

"He likes to follow the law." Well geez - I should hope so!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread