HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Hillary Clinton (Group) » Las Vegas police probing ...

Wed May 18, 2016, 11:42 PM

Las Vegas police probing death threats made to NV Democrats

According to the Rolling Stone interviews, the calls did come from different states, so the FBI would have jurisdiction.

And bonus shout out on the situation from the Veep-

The Las Vegas Police Department opened an investigation into death threats directed at top officials of the Nevada State Democratic Party, a spokesman tells Newsweek.

“We are investigating that at this time,” a department spokesman, Larry Hadfield said in a brief interview. He called the probe “an open investigation into some of the death threats made to Democratic office holders that reside in our jurisdiction.”

A spokesman for the FBI, which investigates threats to federal office holders, responded with “no comment” when asked whether the bureau was involved in the Nevada investigation.

But a federal law enforcement officials tells Newsweek that “the FBI would definitely be able to find a way into that. It would depend on whether the calls were intrastate or interstate and things like that. And of course the U.S. Attorney [for Las Vegas] would have to determine whether they had a viable case to prosecute. There are a lot of factors, but a death threat is something that we could begin to look into.”
In Ohio Monday, Vice President Joe Biden chided the Vermont senator for not responding more firmly to the threats, according to news reports.

Addressing the actions against Nevada Democratic officials, Biden told reporters, “that’s not Bernie. And what Bernie’s going to have to do if that happens again—he's going to have to be more aggressive in speaking out about it.”

http://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-nevada-death-threats-lange-democrats-las-vegas-police-461342

8 replies, 648 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Las Vegas police probing death threats made to NV Democrats (Original post)
Rose Siding May 2016 OP
okasha May 2016 #1
Rose Siding May 2016 #2
okasha May 2016 #4
procon May 2016 #3
Cha May 2016 #5
SunSeeker May 2016 #6
eastwestdem May 2016 #7
Hekate May 2016 #8

Response to Rose Siding (Original post)

Thu May 19, 2016, 12:07 AM

1. Karma, babies.

The indictment fairy may come after all--for you.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to okasha (Reply #1)

Thu May 19, 2016, 12:22 AM

2. It's a Fitzmas miracle

Reply to this post

Response to Rose Siding (Reply #2)

Thu May 19, 2016, 12:36 AM

4. It may be a bit disconcerting to the Bros.

The FBI, unlike the morons who made the threats, tends to take such things seriously.

Reply to this post

Thu May 19, 2016, 12:25 AM

3. I almost feel sorry... aargh, who am I kidding?

Say, can a Bernie delegate who facing an indictment for making threats to murder someone, actually vote in the national convention?

Reply to this post

Thu May 19, 2016, 12:43 AM

5. Good.. track 'em down

Reply to this post

Thu May 19, 2016, 01:35 AM

6. Good. And the FBI can start with this guy, Ethan, since his call was interstate (from Wisconsin):

.............“We know where you live, where you work, where you eat,” another text to Lange read. “Where your kids go to school/grandkids. We have everything on you. We are your neighbors, friends, family, etc.”

The person who sent that one is a 26-year-old named Ethan with a Wisconsin area code,
although he assured me the number was fake (and, I assume, the name was as well).

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1107&pid=137510

Reply to this post

Thu May 19, 2016, 01:58 AM

7. Good! I heard they were giving interviews to some magazine (Vanity Fair?) today.

Seems it shouldn't be too hard to catch them!

Reply to this post

Thu May 19, 2016, 04:00 AM

8. Excellent

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread