HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Pets (Group) » Photos From the 2022 West...

Thu Jun 23, 2022, 12:34 PM

Photos From the 2022 Westminster Dog Show

The 146th annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show took place over the weekend, hosting about 3,000 dogs consisting of more than 200 different breeds or varieties. This year’s Best in Show was awarded to a bloodhound named Trumpet. Below are images from this week’s competition and preliminary activities held at the Lyndhurst estate, in Tarrytown, New York.

HINTS: View this page full screen. Skip to the next and previous photo by typing j/k or ←/→.

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2022/06/photos-2022-westminster-dog-show/661350/?utm_source=feed

2 replies, 415 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Photos From the 2022 Westminster Dog Show (Original post)
douglas9 Thursday OP
ultralite001 Thursday #1
Earthrise Thursday #2

Response to douglas9 (Original post)

Thu Jun 23, 2022, 01:35 PM

1. Paywall...

That is all...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to douglas9 (Original post)

Thu Jun 23, 2022, 03:34 PM

2. I fell asleep last night and missed "Best in Show" round -

So bummed out this morning! I've been rooting for Nathan the Bloodhound for several years and last night Nathan's son, Trumpet, won Best in Show. Argh! I give some of the credit to Nathan for breaking the barrier - he drew more and more attention over the several years he participated.

Also - I really appreciate the fact that more and more of the show dogs are showing their true doggy personalities, like the dogs who jump into the arms of their handler after a round is over. In past, when punishment was used to shape behavior I couldn't watch because the handlers looked mean and the dogs looked miserable.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread