HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Why Trump Will Lose

Thu Sep 15, 2016, 05:15 PM

Why Trump Will Lose

This made me feel better.
On edit-- I have to say that if tRump is running within a point of HRC in Texas, then he's in deep crap.

[link:http://smirkingchimp.com/thread/p-m-carpenter/68963/why-trump-will-lose-and-lose-big|

6 replies, 1920 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to BigDemVoter (Original post)

Thu Sep 15, 2016, 05:22 PM

1. That's a great analysis

Thanks for posting the link to P.M. Carpenter's blog, BigDemVoter. Like you, it made me feel a little better.

His analysis is logical and well articulated and convincing. The last sentence seals it: "History's arc is through bending rightward, and cosmic forces are about to shut down with a thundering clap this dumb, racist, sexist motherfucker."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to PJMcK (Reply #1)

Thu Sep 15, 2016, 05:30 PM

4. Indeed--- it's hard to imagine that a country where the NCAA has withdrawn tournaments from NC

because of bigotry, just to name one recent progressive trend, would go ahead and elect this racist, idiot assclown.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 15, 2016, 05:29 PM

2. yeah, in my heart I think he will, but it's hard not to worry given how horrible he is

One other factor is I think at the end of the day, when people really go to vote, how many undecided voters are really going to decide Trump is the best man for the biggest job in the world?

I think he's peaked.

I sure hope so.

Reply to this post

3. I would love to see Hillary win in Texas, maybe we could turn Texas blue again.

Reply to this post

5. Kick - great read

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 15, 2016, 09:49 PM

6. Well, since news just broke that he's not ready to admit President Obama was born a US citizen

then I'd say there goes the rest of his Black community support - what handfuls there still might be, somewhere (?). This will nail that coffin shut, I think. I would also suspect that other people of color wouldn't appreciate this, either. Any on-the-fencers may just be tipped over our way with this.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread