The GOP is in shambles. There is ZERO substance to Donald Trump; he is a megalomaniac, who appeals to the lowest common denominator. Ted Cruz doesn't think there is a separation of church and state and Marco Rubio is a male version of Sarah Palin. There is no stalwart Republican waiting in the wings to ride in and save the party at the convention this summer. On the whole, the Republican Party has alienated Women, Hispanics, Africans Americans, Muslims, the LGTB community, and millions of people who have finally started to figure out that Republican polices have screwed them out of the American dream. I believe ANY Democrat would win a landslide in November 2016.
So why are Democrats settling for a centrist to Right, Republican-lite, with high negatives among voters in Hillary Clinton? The Democratic Party has a real chance to put in a genuine Liberal in the White House for the first time in 51 years, but oh no; we have to back a Pro Wall Street Corporatist because its the "safer" choice. I liken it to asking a safe date to the big dance and then finding out the one you really liked was available all along, but you were just too scare to make a bold move. COURAGE: VOTE FOR BERNIE SANDERS!
Establishment Chicago Mayor and Clinton Ally Rahm Emmanuel is YUGELY unpopular and if we can make it close or win in one of Hillary's many home states on Tuesday March 15, that would be BIG! Drag a friend or three with you to vote for Bernie!
Anyone know what it's like on the ground there tonight?
I don't want hear her supporters start demanding that Bernie Sanders drop out immediately.
Remember 2008? According to her own rules, it was OK for HER to stay in the race no matter what! Hillary when so far as to evoked one of the saddest, most awful, moments in United States political history (the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy) as a reason to do so. I wonder how Ethel Kennedy and Bobby's 10 kids felt when Hillary displayed such a zeal and desperateness for her to be president:
"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California." Hillary Clinton May 2008
In second grade (1972), I was literally only the kid who voted for George McGovern over Richard Nixon in our suburban class election. In the first election I was able to vote (1984), I was one of the relatively few college kids my age that supported Walter Mondale and 4 years later, I worked for Sen. Paul Simon's 1988 President campaign. I have volunteered for numerous other Democratic Presidential, Gubernatorial, Senatorial, and House races, and served as my union VP for 3 years.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND: Bernie Sanders is the first authentically liberal in my life time to be a contender and with the ass clown Donald Trump as the potential Republican nominee, I believe he could actually win the presidency in November. Perhaps a President Sanders could at least TRY to put this country back on a Progressive path after it was killed off by some of President Carter's policies (deregulation) and then the Reagan Revolution.
What Hillary supporters fail to understand is that when you mock and belittle Bernie Sanders and his supporters with jibes of "free stuff" and "fairy tales" you're not just mocking a Progressive from Vermont; you're mocking the proud legacy of the New Deal, which saved this country at a radical time in the world where things could have gone horribly wrong even here at home.
Bernie asked Elizabeth Warren to be his running mate if he wins & she agreed in advance? A know it's a hypothetical, but I think she is as disgusted as Bernie about the corrupt system of money that is destroying out democracy and she's amazingly intelligent and insightful women who would made a great president.
Hillary feels so entitled to the presidency that she is using Nixonian/Rovian tactics to smear and try to destroy Bernie Sanders:
1. Data BS from the DNC (False Account of what really happened)
2. Claire McCaskill: (Billionaire Husband) insinuates Bernie is a commie.
3. Bernie is not a faithful Jew because he doesn't support Israel enough. (BS)
4. The Civil Rights arrest photo is not really Bernie, (it was) so African American should vote for Hillary.
5. Bernie Supporters supposedly yell in English, yet the video shows otherwise.
This CANNOT be a coincidence! David Brock is playing Karl Rove or Donald Segretti and WE ARE GETTING REALLY SICK OF IT!
I will hold my nose and vote for her over ANY Republican, mostly to protect the Supreme Court. However, It is hard for me to get over the campaigns she has run in both 2008 & 2016. With the first serious African American candidate in 2008, she mentioned Robert Kennedy (one of my heroes and whose tragic death is something that the Democratic Party has never fully recovered from) as a reason to stay in the race and in 2016 she has her surrogates use Nixonian tactics against her opponent. Think about it folks! Tell me that Hillary doesn't think she's entitled to the presidency.
So said Saint Ronald Reagan in 1962 when he left to become a staunch conservative Republican and the rest is a tragic history that really hurt this country. To many of Hillary Clinton's supporters, I would like to say that is EXACTLY how liberal, Bernie Sanders supporters feel about how far Centrist-Right the party is in 2016 in part thanks to what Bill Clinton did.
1. WELFARE "REFORM" Of course there are always some people who cheat the system, but Bill Clinton fed the Republican narrative that most people on welfare are lazy cheats. The reality is that most people are on welfare for 18 months or less and they are able to feed their kids survive until they find a job. God forbid we do something so human.
2. NAFTA. Bill Clinton boosted the Republican narrative that it's a "global economy" and there should be no trade barriers. Not only did many Americans lose good paying blue collar jobs, but many Mexicans, who were eeking out a living, were hurt by agribusiness.
3. SIGNING THE GRAHAM/LEACH BILL WHICH REPEALED GLASS/STEIGAL. Clinton fed the Republican narrative that there was too much regulation in business and banking and so commercial and investment banking could once again be merged. The result? A financial meltdown that was close to the Great Depression in 2008.
4. DEREGULATING THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY. The Result? It gave rise to Goebbelsvision, I mean Fox News, which is the free propaganda arm of the Republican Party and has duped millions of dumb asses into voting against their own interests with lies and deception.
So forgive me for not wanting to support Hillary Clinton when she dismisses and mocks the mainstream ideas of the Democratic Party of 40 years ago that Bernie Sanders has the audacity to try and fight for like FDR, Harry S, Truman, JFK, and LBJ.
"The people don't want a phony Democrat. If it's a choice between a genuine Republican and a Republican in Democratic clothing, the people will choose the genuine article, every time, that is, they will take a Republican before they will a phony Democratic". President Harry S. Truman
Profile InformationMember since: Sat Jul 12, 2014, 09:57 AM
Number of posts: 5,191