Source:
Miami Herald/Associated PressPosted on Tuesday, 06.23.09 Rec
Famed ex-hostage Betancourt in divorce
The Associated Press
BOGOTA -- An attorney for the husband of celebrated former hostage Ingrid Betancourt confirmed on Tuesday that the couple is getting a divorce and he said it should be complete in six to eight months.
Neither Betancourt nor estranged husband Juan Carlos Lecompte are commenting on reports of acrimony published last week by the society magazine Caras.
Lecompte's lawyer, Heli Abel Torrado, said details of the divorce proceeding are private. But he said his client initially rejected the 47-year-old Betancourt's petition for a divorce to end the 12-year marriage.
Torrado said Lecompte filed a countersuit in March after three Americans who were rescued with her on July 2, 2008, published a book suggesting she was unfaithful.
Read more:
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/americas/story/1110301.html
http://panamur.files.wordpress.com.nyud.net:8090/2008/07/ingrid_betancourt_2001.jpg