http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/ISL235844.htmKABUL, Aug 16 (Reuters) - American vigilante Jonathan "Jack" Idema told an Afghan courtroom on Monday the U.S. embassy in Kabul was withholding documents that would show he was working with the U.S. authorities at the time of his arrest.
Idema, a former soldier, stands accused, along with two other Americans and four Afghans, of illegally detaining Afghan citizens, and entering Afghanistan with invalid visas. snip
DISOWNED AFTER TORTURE CLAIMS Idema maintained that after they were arrested his group had been disowned because an Afghan radio station had aired accusations that it had tortured prisoners.
"As soon as the word 'torture' hit the Afghan airwaves the American government said: 'Whoa, don't have anything to do with these guys.'"
more