Man Questioned in Afghan Car Bomb Probe
Mon Aug 30, 6:15 PM ET
By STEPHEN GRAHAM, Associated Press Writer
KABUL, Afghanistan - Investigators probing a deadly car bombing in the Afghan capital questioned a man detained at Kabul airport with traces of explosives on his hands, officials said Monday, while U.S. authorities warned all Americans in the capital to be inconspicuous.
Taliban rebels claimed responsibility for Sunday's blast at a U.S. security firm, but officials said they are not ruling out any suspects, including al-Qaida. Hospital officials said 10 people were killed, including three Americans. The company confirmed that three of its American employees had been killed.
NATO troops grew suspicious of a man on the grounds of Kabul airport on Sunday, spokesman Lt. Cdr. Ken Mackillop said. After finding explosives on his hands, NATO turned the man over to Afghan authorities on Monday. The man was not identified.
"There is a suspicion against him, but for now there is no link or proof that he was involved in yesterday's attack," Interior Ministry spokesman Latfullah Mashal said. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the blast at the office of Dyncorp Inc., which provides bodyguards for Afghan President Hamid Karzai and works for the American government in Iraq.
....
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=516&ncid=516&e=7&u=/ap/20040830/ap_on_re_as/afghan_explosions