If Hamas continues to assist terrorist groups with attacks against IDF soldiers, it will risk facing "Operation Cast Lead II," a top IDF commander in Gaza threatened on Monday.
Lt.-Col. Avinoam Stolevitch's comments came after a group of around 10 Palestinian gunmen armed with "huge amounts of explosives" launched a failed Gaza border assault at the Karni Crossing earlier in the day.
"We are slowing beginning to understand the magnitude of (the threat from the Gaza Strip)," Stolevitch told Army Radio, adding his evaluation that the terrorists had planned a "large explosion… to provide cover for a kidnapping."
A security source told The Jerusalem Post. that the terror cell used the cover of morning fog for their attempt, as well as booby-trapped horses. At least four terrorists were killed in the ensuing exchange of fire with the IDF. No Israeli soldiers were wounded in the incident.
The terror cell belonged to the Janud Ansar Allah (Soldiers Loyal to Allah) organization, a small group which is linked to Iran and Hizbullah, the security source added.
Members of the cell, some of whom had suicide bomb belts strapped around their bodies, led the horses from trucks and began planting explosive devices along the fence. They were identified by IDF soldiers on patrol, of Golani's 13th Battalion. The gunmen proceeded to open fire on the troops, while mortar fire from deep within the Gaza Strip was also directed at the soldiers.
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1244371036350&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull I guess things were getting too peaceful for Hamas, they're still hungry for another "great victory".