HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » WaPo - Trump Foundation a...

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 01:28 AM

WaPo - Trump Foundation admits to violating ban on self-dealing, new filing to IRS shows

Given the sudden interest in charitable foundations and investigations for tax evasion, I doubt the FBI is going to be looking into Trump's foundation any time soon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-foundation-apparently-admits-to-violating-ban-on-self-dealing-new-filing-to-irs-shows/2016/11/22/893f6508-b0a9-11e6-8616-52b15787add0_story.html?utm_term=.3cd697136691

President-elect Donald Trump’s charitable foundation has admitted to the Internal Revenue Service that it violated a legal prohibition against “self-dealing,” which bars nonprofit leaders from using their charity’s money to help themselves, their businesses or their families.

The admission was contained in the Donald J. Trump Foundation’s IRS tax filings for 2015, which were recently posted online at the nonprofit-tracking site GuideStar. A GuideStar spokesman said the forms were uploaded by the Trump Foundation’s law firm, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius.

The Washington Post could not immediately confirm if the same forms had actually been sent to the IRS.

In one section of the form, the IRS asked whether the Trump Foundation had transferred “income or assets to a disqualified person.” A disqualified person, in this context, might be Trump — the foundation’s president — or a member of his family or a Trump-owned business.

The foundation checked yes.

9 replies, 1832 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply WaPo - Trump Foundation admits to violating ban on self-dealing, new filing to IRS shows (Original post)
TomCADem Jan 2018 OP
Angry Dragon Jan 2018 #1
BigmanPigman Jan 2018 #2
lamp_shade Jan 2018 #3
KY_EnviroGuy Jan 2018 #4
malaise Jan 2018 #6
KY_EnviroGuy Jan 2018 #7
malaise Jan 2018 #8
malaise Jan 2018 #5
KY_EnviroGuy Jan 2018 #9

Response to TomCADem (Original post)

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 01:30 AM

1. LOCK THEM UP!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 02:07 AM

2. My my, who would've thought that they were capable of such things?

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 06:22 AM

3. Kick

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 07:13 AM

4. Projection, anyone?

Obviously not related to recently requested investigation of the Clinton Foundation.

Reply to this post

Response to KY_EnviroGuy (Reply #4)

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 07:14 AM

6. LOL

We posted that at the same time

Reply to this post

Response to malaise (Reply #6)

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 08:21 AM

7. 83-degrees today with showers in Kingston. Shame on you, LOL.

Would have beat you but I'm so damn cold and old, I slow down. Feet feel like big ice cubes. Democrat brain still on fire, though.

Hell, we're having a heat wave today. Supposed to hit 35-deg. F.

Just kidding (lucky you) and hope you had a great holiday season. Did you box with anyone, LOL?

Reply to this post

Response to KY_EnviroGuy (Reply #7)

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 08:31 AM

8. Yes our temperature is lovely but we haven't seen the sun for over a week

Guess I shouldn't be greedy since parts of the island are experiencing severe flooding and most of you are freezing.
And yes the season was lovely - no boxing but we love the holiday. Have a great year

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 07:13 AM

5. So ReTHUGs go after the Clinton Foundation

Makes Bigly sense

Reply to this post

Response to malaise (Reply #5)

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 10:15 AM

9. K & R. I also wonder...

how much false info Russia is still planting on social media about the Clintons and the Foundation. Goodness knows, Faux News and right-wing talk radio will be doing their share. Some days I think every citizen's head in the USA must surely be spinning in total confusion...

............ ........... ........... ............

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread