HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Democratic Internal Debat...

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 07:02 AM

Democratic Internal Debates Needed, BUT Not Now

The bashing each other over the "how to...how much" on specific issues is counter productive, and not needed at this point.
Right now, Dem leaders need to turn that energy toward attacking republicans. There is no reason for the continued silence. Dem leaders can, and should, respond to the daily horrific dismantling of programs that directly help or protect Americans, the environment, etc. without arguing among ourselves. We need to respond to the criminal acts against our country, and our democracy every day.
WHAT THE HELL IS THEIR TO DEBATE? The nightmarish attacks against our country by the Trump Administration, and congressional republicans, gives ALL democrats, and independents, ample material to speak out.
Ultra left, middle of the road, and conservative Democrats need to STOP attacking each other. Take turns going after republicans. Every time Trump's face appears on the news, so should a democratic leader calling out their lies, or comments. Call a lie,a lie! We are beyond niceties with republicans. Call Trump Little Donnie...egg him on. Tell him he is too chicken to testify in front of Mueller. There are 101 ways to get under his skin, to derail his message.

This is just my opinion. You can disagree with it, add to it, or what ever......just be respectful. Arguing, and back biting among ourselves plays right into their hands.

8 replies, 1164 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Democratic Internal Debates Needed, BUT Not Now (Original post)
bobGandolf Feb 2018 OP
Demsrule86 Feb 2018 #1
bobGandolf Feb 2018 #3
Demsrule86 Feb 2018 #4
Chemisse Feb 2018 #6
Demsrule86 Feb 2018 #8
loyalsister Feb 2018 #2
Demsrule86 Feb 2018 #5
Chemisse Feb 2018 #7

Response to bobGandolf (Original post)

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 07:13 AM

1. Dem leaders have responded and are doing just fine...and these sort of posts are what is

counter productive. Folks should have gotten out and voted... then may we would have something to talk about..you know have some power. The budget deal is better than I expected given our circumstances. I am proud of Nancy who held the house for six hours to talk about Dreamers and keep the pressure on the Republicans...and Sen. Schumer too who has been great during this voter inflicted ordeal...so how is working our for everyone (not saying you) who said the parties are the same? Clearly they are not.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Demsrule86 (Reply #1)

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 07:50 AM

3. No, they are not.

Reply to this post

Response to bobGandolf (Reply #3)

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 08:16 AM

4. Yes they are.

The idea that if only the Dem leader did x,y or z...why we could stop the GOP...I think we have done remarkably well. The voters decided on Trump and the GOP...they even turned down Feingold...a liberal icon...thus here we are. Blame the Republicans for the shit they do...and remember if you want Democrats saviors...we have to vote in all elections for all Democratic candidates in a general.

Reply to this post

Response to Demsrule86 (Reply #4)

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 10:29 AM

6. I think he agreed with you.

(No they are not - working out for people who said the parties are the same).

Reply to this post

Response to Chemisse (Reply #6)

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 05:39 PM

8. My mistake.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 07:21 AM

2. Good advice

"Making politics amicable again" is a worthwhile goal to keep in mind from the ground up.

Reply to this post

Response to loyalsister (Reply #2)

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 08:18 AM

5. I don't want to be amicable with a group that basically voted for Trump (Stein being the same,

staying home being the same). I want to win. These are folks who have caused us to lose every few years since 2000.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 10:36 AM

7. I agree. Right now we should not be striving for purity within the party.

As long as we are not as widely split as the GOP is (where they have to blame Democrats for their failure, even while they have the majority), we can get a lot done when/if there is a blue sweep.

Maybe it won't be the best health care plan, for example, but we will at least get people covered, and hope for gradual expansions of medicaid and medicare. Maybe there won't be free college for all but we can fix the student loan scams and beef up support for low income students.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread