HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Dem wins Kentucky state H...

Wed Feb 21, 2018, 07:50 AM

Dem wins Kentucky state House seat in district Trump won by 49 points

Special Election seat flips -

Kentucky Democrats on Tuesday reclaimed a rural district in the state House of Representatives that went heavily for President Trump in 2016.

Linda Belcher (D), a former state legislator who lost her seat in the Trump landslide in Kentucky, reclaimed the Bullitt County district by a more than two-to-one margin, defeating her GOP opponent Rebecca Johnson 68 percent to 32 percent.

The Democrat had lost her seat in 2016 by just 150 votes, or less than 1 percentage point, even as Trump carried the district with 72 percent of the vote there compared to Hillary Clinton's 23 percent. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) also won the district in 2016 with 64 percent of the vote.

More:
http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/374777-dem-wins-ky-state-house-seat-in-district-trump-won-by-49-points

6 replies, 1581 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dem wins Kentucky state House seat in district Trump won by 49 points (Original post)
James48 Feb 2018 OP
Cha Feb 2018 #1
Kittycow Feb 2018 #2
bearsfootball516 Feb 2018 #5
Kittycow Feb 2018 #6
JNelson6563 Feb 2018 #3
duforsure Feb 2018 #4

Response to James48 (Original post)

Wed Feb 21, 2018, 07:56 AM

1. Wow! Something tells me..

the Kentucky voters see through trump in spite of his tweets about "fake news".. and all the fux "news" siding with Russia.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Feb 21, 2018, 08:13 AM

2. Rebecca Johnson claimed Voter Fraud!

Reply to this post

Response to Kittycow (Reply #2)

Wed Feb 21, 2018, 08:32 AM

5. Any sympathy I had toward her just went out the window.

Reply to this post

Response to bearsfootball516 (Reply #5)

Wed Feb 21, 2018, 01:46 PM

6. Her campaign claimed that an hour after results announced.

The Election Board Dept (whatever it's called) came out later and rejected her claim.

I picked this up scanning the local KY newspapers.

Sore loser.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 21, 2018, 08:14 AM

3. We are winning where we shouldn't.

Alabama? Kentucky? I mean, these victories are incredible!

We're heading into a very exciting and energized election season! Even in blood red northern Michigan, we have top candidates.

#SoMuchWinning #StillNotSickOfIt

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 21, 2018, 08:27 AM

4. Maybe

They're tired of all the lies, and all the hate groups trump and the gop support, or maybe they know the gop are working to destroy Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security, or maybe they are never doing to vote for a party that supports russia, putin and trump before the American people. Maybe they lost their ACA with this last tax scam bill for the rich they passed. They've done so much against the American people I can't understand those that support these liars, they're trying to destroy Democracy if they are not voted out of office. People in Kentucky also have a large amount of their people getting Medicaid, and Medicare. When they realize (after the nov. elections) the tax scam will cost them more in taxes, not less after their temporary deductions are eliminated , they'll be even madder at trump and the gop. Many people will be.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread