HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » There is a man involved w...

Sun Jul 1, 2018, 01:11 PM

There is a man involved with every abortion.

With DNA testing and states directly taking support from their pay, where the hell are they in protesting their rights to family planning and birth control failures?!!

5 replies, 1449 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply There is a man involved with every abortion. (Original post)
elehhhhna Jul 2018 OP
jberryhill Jul 2018 #1
unblock Jul 2018 #3
MontanaMama Jul 2018 #2
safeinOhio Jul 2018 #4
PoindexterOglethorpe Jul 2018 #5

Response to elehhhhna (Original post)

Sun Jul 1, 2018, 01:18 PM

1. Not quite sure I understand your point

Aborting a pregnancy is not any man’s decision to make. If a pregnancy is carried to term, both parents are responsible for the support of that child. Your logic is frequently used as a spurious argument to the effect that men shouldn’t have to pay child support as a consequence of a woman’s decision to do so.

If you are unable to find any men who support a woman’s right of self determination then I would guess you are simply not looking.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jberryhill (Reply #1)

Sun Jul 1, 2018, 01:42 PM

3. If the government coerces women to carry to term, that can be expensive for the father.

Before dna testing, men could deny involvement. Now that there is dna testing, men find it harder to evade responsibility.

Therefore, men should have a greater interest in keeping abortion legal. They may not have a say in the woman's choice, but they do have a say in keeping the government from forcing them to carry a pregnancy to term if neither the man nor the woman wants it.

For this reason, I think it's actually unlikely the right will overturn roe v. wade entirely. I think the right wants abortion legal but very difficult so that rich men can still pay for them.

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 1, 2018, 01:32 PM

2. This.

I was having a meltdown the other day about the clear and present danger threatening women’s rights. I asked my husband “where the hell are reasonable men in this country? WHERE?” Are there not enough men that have wives, girlfriends, sisters and mothers that they love and support? Goddamit.

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 1, 2018, 01:54 PM

4. You'll never be able to blame this man

I got a vasectomy and got it at Planned Parenthood.

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 1, 2018, 02:03 PM

5. Absolutely true.

Somehow those who oppose abortion seem to think that all the women seeking abortions got pregnant by some miracle, no man involved.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread