HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » My Local Paper Now Says S...

Wed Sep 26, 2018, 09:54 PM

My Local Paper Now Says Sasse is Playing Cautious

Hes a turd who will turn toward whatever hot stinking political wind he thinks is advantageous. But as a key vote on Judiciary hed likely only get real wobbly if others are strongly indicating they are voting no.

Im somewhat heartened though as Ive called his office twice recently in relation to Kavanaugh and to think that he might surprise me I feel that much more excited. Will def put in another call first thing Friday if they are trying to go forward.

2 replies, 1043 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply My Local Paper Now Says Sasse is Playing Cautious (Original post)
PoorMonger Sep 2018 OP
BigmanPigman Sep 2018 #1
PoorMonger Sep 2018 #2

Response to PoorMonger (Original post)

Wed Sep 26, 2018, 10:18 PM

1. He was on my list of Senators too.

I called all of them on the Jud Comm.

Call the Senate Judiciary Comm this week...

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/about/members

Call them and tell them that they will NOT get reelected by the majority of the US who is against Kavanaugh.
Call all senators and tell them that they are HYPOCRITES and you only vote for reps who have morals and values and who respect women. RESISTANCE WORKS!
Senate DC directory
(202)224-3121

Call the 8 "iffy" Dem and GOP senators too.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1011&pid=2543

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to PoorMonger (Original post)

Wed Sep 26, 2018, 10:38 PM

2. Right!

One of the many things that I really cant stand about these heartless cowards is that it would only really take one of them to firmly come out and announce they are a NO. I know we need 2 votes but I think 1 strong voice would begin the fall.

And a whole boatload of them would start to jump in and try to save their skin as some kind of virtuous heroes.

We have Flake who always pays lip service , and Collins who likes to say shes apalled. Sasse is one who will try to get some press out of saying he would be a No but mostly only if he can have the cover of knowing someone else will do it first. I think Rubio is another in that mold.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread