HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Maria Butina, Red Sparrow...

Thu Dec 13, 2018, 01:21 PM

Maria Butina, Red Sparrow extraordinaire!

I've included a thread reader link to a fascinating rundown on what Maria Butina's plea today means, how her confession(s) link in to the overall puzzle that is Trumpski/Russia/NRA/GOP.

The ship is going down to the bottom of the Deep Blue Sea. And it's taking all hands on deck with it.

Beautiful!!!

6 replies, 1074 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Maria Butina, Red Sparrow extraordinaire! (Original post)
peggysue2 Dec 2018 OP
Leghorn21 Dec 2018 #1
peggysue2 Dec 2018 #3
Glimmer of Hope Dec 2018 #2
peggysue2 Dec 2018 #4
Kablooie Dec 2018 #5
peggysue2 Dec 2018 #6

Response to peggysue2 (Original post)

Thu Dec 13, 2018, 01:26 PM

1. Thank yooouuuu peggy suuuuue!!

All spelled out real purdy for dolts like moi!! - sending around!

Merci!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Leghorn21 (Reply #1)

Thu Dec 13, 2018, 01:31 PM

3. You're most welcome

Does the soul good, doesn't it? There is something called justice after all. This woman's testimony is going to bring the lot of them down.

I feel the dominos falling

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2018, 01:30 PM

2. Dang. Give her asylum already.

Reply to this post

Response to Glimmer of Hope (Reply #2)

Thu Dec 13, 2018, 01:34 PM

4. Hahahaha!

Have to check it out with Miller, Baby Goebbels. See if Butina is an acceptable refugee.

As for me? I'd offer her a glass of champagne.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2018, 01:58 PM

5. The big question is, Did the NRA and Republicans know they were conspiring with Russia?

It could be presented as an undercover Russian operation that manipulated Americans without their knowledge.

Of course if Butina was introduced to Republican Party leaders as "an unofficial representative" of Russian official Alexander Torshin makes it a bit difficult to defend.
Also the fact that the NRA was invited to Moscow to meet with Russian politicians is also a complication.

I guess they can still claim that they all thought these were just innocent goodwill efforts from Russia but it seems to me they'd have to have some pretty solid evidence to prove this.

Reply to this post

Response to Kablooie (Reply #5)

Thu Dec 13, 2018, 02:05 PM

6. I think they're done

The hits just keep coming. As you mentioned, that pilgrimage of our own representatives trotting off to Moscow is going to be difficult to explain away. From what I've read, the FBI had Ms. Butina under surveillance for quite some time which is why they were able to stop her from fleeing the country, indict and squeeze her.

They've got the goods on these people. I suspect a lot of restless nights and squirmy days for many connected with the NRA, the Republican Party and the Trumpski crew.

Makes my holiday all the merrier!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread