HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Stocks drop as fears of a...

Fri Mar 22, 2019, 01:17 PM

Stocks drop as fears of an economic slowdown persist

Stocks dropped sharply Friday as jitters over the global economy were sparked by dreadful manufacturing data out of Europe and the Federal Reserve's cautious outlook on the U.S. economy.

The Dow fell more than 350 points as Nike and Boeing underperformed. The S&P 500 fell 1.6 percent, led by declines in the energy and financials sectors, as the broad index headed for its worst day since Jan. 3. The Nasdaq slumped 2.1 percent.

"There's a host of worries out there and those worries continue to mount," said Peter Cardillo, a chief market economist at Spartan Capital Securities. "The fear of recession is increasing."

"As a result, we have a market that is rethinking some of the optimism that was priced in."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/stocks-drop-as-fears-of-an-economic-slowdown-persist/ar-BBV5g27?li=BBnbfcN

Winning baby!

1 replies, 642 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Stocks drop as fears of an economic slowdown persist (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Mar 2019 OP
BobMcWan Mar 2019 #1

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Fri Mar 22, 2019, 01:41 PM

1. That inverted yield curve thing has me concerned

but otherwise I kind of enjoy hearing people explain why the market goes up or goes down with the same grain of salt I use to temper weather forecasts. Wall Street is a giant mood ring with economists reading goat entrails (yeah, I did that).

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread