HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Daughter of Las Vegas rab...

Wed May 15, 2019, 03:48 PM

Daughter of Las Vegas rabbi targeted with anti-Semitic notes at middle school

The daughter of a rabbi in Las Vegas found anti-Semitic and threatening notes left on her middle school desk.

One note discovered earlier this week contained a large swastika and the words “You don’t belong here.” The second was a drawing of Adolf Hitler with his hand in the air, a Nazi salute and a swastika.

Rabbi Craig Rosenstein, a chaplain for the Hospice Service of Nevada, told the local NBC affiliate KSNV that his adopted daughter, who is in seventh grade in the Escobedo Middle School, also is African American.

“When there’s a phrase that says, ‘You don’t belong here’, that to me is terrorism. That’s an emotional threat that may lead to a physical threat,” Rosenstein told the news station. “It’s the phrase underneath that you don’t belong, that’s Charlottesville. I mean that’s serious,” he said.

more...

2 replies, 524 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Daughter of Las Vegas rabbi targeted with anti-Semitic notes at middle school (Original post)
Behind the Aegis May 2019 OP
JudyM May 2019 #1
ProudLib72 May 2019 #2

Response to Behind the Aegis (Original post)

Thu May 16, 2019, 01:05 PM

1. Antisemitism is becoming ubiquitous.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Behind the Aegis (Original post)

Thu May 16, 2019, 01:09 PM

2. Kids should be expelled permanently

Parents should be locked up.

I have zero tolerance for this kind of bullshit.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread