HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » In Japan,praises Kim Jong...

Sat May 25, 2019, 07:32 PM

In Japan,praises Kim Jong Un, rails against border wall ruling

.., tweets came hours before he was scheduled to meet with close ally Prime Minister Shinzo Abe during his four-day state visit.
By CHRISTIAN VASQUEZ 05/25/2019 04:47 PM EDT

President Donald Trump on Sunday took time out on his state visit to Japan to re-affirm his relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and rail against a U.S. judge for partially blocking his border-wall funding plan.

"North Korea fired off some small weapons, which disturbed some of my people, and others, but not me. I have confidence that Chairman Kim will keep his promise to me," Trump wrote in a tweet posted before 6 a.m. local time.

North Korea launched several suspected short-range missiles earlier this month, which Trump has dismissed as "very standard" following a series of personal negotiations with the authoritarian leader.

Japan relies heavily on American forces to defend itself, and has repeatedly raised concerns over North Korea’s missile tests, saying they are a violation of U.N. resolutions ...

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/25/trump-japan-border-wall-ruling-1344992

0 replies, 545 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread