HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Unbelievable: Hannity - M...

Fri Jun 21, 2019, 06:49 PM

Unbelievable: Hannity - Manafort collusion

‘Unbelievable’: Paul Manafort’s texts with Sean Hannity revealed in court filing

Cody Fenwick
Alternet, June 21, 2019

Texts between former Trump Campaign Chair Paul Manafort and Fox News host Sean Hannity were released on Friday as a court filing entered in Manafort’s sentencing.

Snip...

At one point, Hannity asked why Manafort didn’t get a “sweetheart deal” like Rick Gates, his deputy campaign chair who pleaded guilty in the investigation and cooperated extensively with Mueller.

“They would want me to give up [Donald Trump] or family, especially [Jared Kusner.] I would never do that,” Manafort said.

“Understand,” said Hannity. “There’s nothing to give up on [Trump.] What did [Kushner] do?”

“Nothing,” said Manafort. “Just like I did nothing. They will want me to make up shit on both. I will never do that.”

Continues...

https://www.alternet.org/2019/06/unbelievable-paul-manaforts-texts-with-sean-hannity-revealed-in-court-filing/

6 replies, 947 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Unbelievable: Hannity - Manafort collusion (Original post)
Kid Berwyn Jun 2019 OP
Docreed2003 Jun 2019 #1
JHB Jun 2019 #2
Docreed2003 Jun 2019 #3
Kid Berwyn Jun 2019 #5
eleny Jun 2019 #4
Kid Berwyn Jun 2019 #6

Response to Kid Berwyn (Original post)

Fri Jun 21, 2019, 07:17 PM

1. "Nothing"

These assholes actually believe that crap

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Docreed2003 (Reply #1)

Fri Jun 21, 2019, 07:30 PM

2. Or, Manafort knew not to gab to Sean...

Sean calls Donnie on a regular basis. Better for Manafort if Trump only hears from Hannity that Manafort says "Nothing".

Reply to this post

Response to JHB (Reply #2)

Fri Jun 21, 2019, 07:40 PM

3. Oh I have no doubt that's the case

Mama fort is using Sean for his own purposes

Reply to this post

Response to Docreed2003 (Reply #1)

Sat Jun 22, 2019, 08:13 AM

5. Here are the texts...

Reply to this post

Response to Kid Berwyn (Original post)

Fri Jun 21, 2019, 07:44 PM

4. An email exchange, no doubt, cooked up to get a pardon and to try to throw Mueller off the scent

It actually sounds juvenile.

Reply to this post

Response to eleny (Reply #4)

Sat Jun 22, 2019, 08:21 AM

6. Jonathan Chait on that central issue...

Manafort Promised Sean Hannity He Wouldn’t Flip on Trump

Robert Mueller was famously unable to establish a criminal conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia. Possibly this was because no such conspiracy took place, but it is also very possible that Mueller was thwarted by the refusal of the two campaign aides most closely involved with Russia’s election operation, Paul Manafort and Roger Stone, to cooperate with his probe. Mueller found that Manafort passed 75 pages of polling data to a suspected Russian intelligence agent during the campaign, but couldn’t figure out what the data was used for.

Newly-released text messages between Manafort and Fox News host Sean Hannity in 2017 and 2018 give more insight into Manafort’s relationship with Trump, and why he may have withheld cooperation. In the texts, Manafort repeatedly lavishes superlative praise on Hannity, who in addition to hosting slavish pro-Trump propaganda, also gives the president private advice frequently. “You are so important to saving our country,” Manafort says, at one point complaining that in a fair world, Hannity would get a Pulitzer prize.

Manafort repeatedly assures Hannity (and, therefore, Trump) that he won’t flip on the president. “I won’t give in,” he insists. At one point, Hannity asks why Manafort does not “get a sweetheart deal like [Rick] Gates?,” his former partner who cooperated with Mueller in exchange for a dramatically reduced prison sentence. Manafort replies, “They would want me to give up dt [President Trump] or family, especially jk [Jared Kushner]. I would never do that.” Hannity tells Manafort to “stay strong.”

Continues...

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/06/in-texts-manafort-told-hannity-he-wouldnt-flip-on-trump.html

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread