HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » congress has to subpoena ...

Sat Aug 10, 2019, 06:17 PM

congress has to subpoena everything

I'm on record as doubting Epstein's death was anything more than the suicide it appears to be. I still want his death investigated (pardon the pun) to death, because (a) I could be wrong, and there could indeed be some sort of foul play involved, and (b) if I'm right, there has to be accountability for grotesque negligence.

Whether there's a conspiracy or not (and as I've said, I lean not), it would be very easy for a certain shaved orangutan in the nation's capital to use Epstein's demise to his own benefit. We can't let that happen.

3 replies, 511 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply congress has to subpoena everything (Original post)
cab67 Aug 2019 OP
empedocles Aug 2019 #1
triron Aug 2019 #2
Igel Aug 2019 #3

Response to cab67 (Original post)

Sat Aug 10, 2019, 06:19 PM

1. Congress needs to be turning wheels right now.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Aug 10, 2019, 06:19 PM

2. 2nd that. But we have no idea yet about who is reponsible.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 10, 2019, 07:43 PM

3. For what purpose?

It's a quaint idea that each branch has enumerated powers, as well as powers necessary for the execution of those enumerated powers (hence "implied" instead of "every branch can damned well do as it pleases because it's elected and therefore omnipotent", but it's still one that I rather like.

Even with the subpoenas issued to date, however personal and specific, always have the boilerplate, "This is necessary for oversight and serves a legislative purpose." Even when, to be honest, there are other ways of achieving the legislative purpose and when "oversight" seems a stretch.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread