HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I'm reading Andrew McCabe...

Sun Sep 22, 2019, 12:38 PM

I'm reading Andrew McCabe's book, "The Threat". It's excellent, informative, and very readable.

I highly recommend it. Much more readable than I expected and also much more informative.
I checked out the e-book from my local library.

8 replies, 891 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply I'm reading Andrew McCabe's book, "The Threat". It's excellent, informative, and very readable. (Original post)
SharonAnn Sep 2019 OP
no_hypocrisy Sep 2019 #1
FakeNoose Sep 2019 #2
Hortensis Sep 2019 #3
SharonAnn Sep 2019 #4
kstewart33 Sep 2019 #6
SharonAnn Sep 2019 #7
Hortensis Sep 2019 #8
kstewart33 Sep 2019 #5

Response to SharonAnn (Original post)

Sun Sep 22, 2019, 12:49 PM

1. Agreed

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Sep 22, 2019, 12:50 PM

2. Yes it's quite good

I read it a few months ago and got a lot out of it. He does a good job explaining how the FBI handles their investigations, chains of command, etc. It gave me fresh insights into the FBI procedures, and what's happening now with Chump trying to undermine them.

Reply to this post

Sun Sep 22, 2019, 01:03 PM

3. I'd like to read it for what's worthwhile, which is no doubt a lot,

but of course he's not to be trusted. As a backup to other books on the subject, perhaps.

I don't suppose he explains why he misused his power as Deputy Director of the FBI to sabotage the 2016 election in favor of the Republicans? Surely his blatantly career-ending, public action was for some big purpose? He was, after all, probably eventually going to be the next FBI director. Was he conspiring with others in this enormous battle for power and the future of our nation, and who? Perhaps the poor fellow was just being blackmailed, and a helpless victim?

Reply to this post

Response to Hortensis (Reply #3)

Sun Sep 22, 2019, 03:07 PM

4. Are you confusing him with James Comey?

Reply to this post

Response to SharonAnn (Reply #4)

Sun Sep 22, 2019, 03:13 PM

6. I read both. McCabe's book is better. Nt

Reply to this post

Response to kstewart33 (Reply #6)

Sun Sep 22, 2019, 11:32 PM

7. Yes, I read both and I agree. McCabe's is better.

Reply to this post

Response to SharonAnn (Reply #4)

Mon Sep 23, 2019, 05:31 AM

8. Nope. I, naturally, provisionally assume they were working together given

their relationship and reinforcing actions for Republicans and against the Democratic Party over a period of months, not that we can know what the nonpublic actions might have been. That's one reason I underlined "public." What did the director and deputy director of the FBI do without the whole world watching?

The other, of course, is the extreme risk accompanying illegal and/or shockingly unethical actions taken right out in the open, and this one of course lead to immediate investigation by 2 agencies, which concluded firing offense by one of the most powerful men in the nation. A good job of magic-wanding the crime into just disappearing afterward was done, and the subsequent "falling out among thieves" that cost McCabe his pension has been put to very good use in creating his new identity as a good-guy victim of bad Trump. A hero, in fact. Uhuh.

Rarely a talking head drops a very brief reference to what really happened into a discussion, maybe another will barely nod, and that's all. But because I've watched for it, I've heard and seen it more than once. But that's all. Power.

Reply to this post

Sun Sep 22, 2019, 03:12 PM

5. Yes, it's well worth reading. Nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread