HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Will the House ever get t...

Tue Dec 24, 2019, 11:03 AM

Will the House ever get the chance to interview Don McGahn as a witness?

Reportedly, a judge is scheduled to make a ruling on January 3rd. His only appeal left is to the Supreme Court, is my understanding? Will they hear his case?

I think Speaker Pelosi and the Democrats would love to hear the testimony of Don McGahn. If he testifies to the same facts that he swore to the Special Counsel, then it would be incumbent upon the Democrats to file another Article of Impeachment. Don McGahn has always been the primary witness for obstruction of justice.

Depending on the speed of the decisions, this could very well happen. They can run but they can't hide forever.

2 replies, 535 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Will the House ever get the chance to interview Don McGahn as a witness? (Original post)
kentuck Dec 2019 OP
NewJeffCT Dec 2019 #1
ProudMNDemocrat Dec 2019 #2

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Tue Dec 24, 2019, 11:25 AM

1. Remember, though

McGahn is a partisan Republican - while he may admit to what he said to Mueller under oath, he may not be the friendliest of witnesses.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Tue Dec 24, 2019, 12:14 PM

2. Going to prison will get McGahn to comply.

The idea of spending the rest of your life in Federal prison does not sound so appealing because Trump is forbidden the right to pardon, because he has been impeached according to Article II, Section II.

Don McGahn is screwed either way.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread