HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » That's a LOT of "headache...

Mon Feb 10, 2020, 12:40 PM

That's a LOT of "headaches"!!

Over 100 US troops have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries following Iran strike
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/02/10/politics/traumatic-brain-injuries-iran-strike/index.html

Over 100 US service members have been diagnosed with mild traumatic brain injuries in the wake of the January 8 Iranian missile attack on the al Asad military base in Iraq, according to a US official with knowledge of the latest information.

That's an increase of at least 36 cases from the end of January when the Pentagon said 64 service members had been diagnosed with injuries.

"All of those people were screened and we have got a certain number and the number is growing, in this particular case TBI -- that manifests, it takes some time to manifest itself, it's not an immediate thing necessarily -- some cases it is, some cases it's not. So we continue to screen," Milley said. "Some of them have been evacuated to Europe, some have been evacuated back to the United States so there is a layered approach to this, we'll continue to do that with our medical professionals."

Last month, Trump said he does not consider potential brain injuries to be as serious as physical combat wounds, downplaying the severity of the injuries suffered in Iraq.

But heís a patriot and supports the troops!

10 replies, 773 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply That's a LOT of "headaches"!! (Original post)
Roland99 Feb 2020 OP
gratuitous Feb 2020 #1
Amyishere Feb 2020 #2
Roland99 Feb 2020 #8
VWolf Feb 2020 #5
Amyishere Feb 2020 #3
irisblue Feb 2020 #4
lunatica Feb 2020 #6
Amyishere Feb 2020 #7
lunatica Feb 2020 #9
lunatica Feb 2020 #10

Response to Roland99 (Original post)

Mon Feb 10, 2020, 12:42 PM

1. As the Bard said in Romeo and Juliet

Donald Trump is the one who jests at scars who never felt a wound.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to gratuitous (Reply #1)

Mon Feb 10, 2020, 01:08 PM

2. there are people that watch rachel maddow and then turn around and are evil to me

and I love Rachel Maddow too. Love my dogs. Love taking pictures.

but no one has anything good to say about me when I am depressed and need it most. That is when they take the opportunity to hurt me by telling me what an awful person I am for being depressed and talking about it.

and making me feel like I really am nothing but the awful person they say I am.

I can't understand why it happens every single time eveyrwhere. and if it happens here i am done.

Reply to this post

Response to Amyishere (Reply #2)

Mon Feb 10, 2020, 01:36 PM

8. That sucks. Sorry to hear

But you have a home here for sure!

Reply to this post

Response to gratuitous (Reply #1)

Mon Feb 10, 2020, 01:16 PM

5. "War is sweet to those who haven't tasted it." -- Erasmus n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Roland99 (Original post)

Mon Feb 10, 2020, 01:11 PM

3. I had a tbi from when I was in the ARmy

still being untreated.

but I am a female veteran and always get treated this way.

They have known about my dislcocated jaw for months and I have been complaining about it for years.

and watch..the doc they sent me to I see in a few weeks will have some excuse why he can't help me too.

at this point I am used to being treated badly by the Veterans Administration. I didnt expect it from people I thought were friends.

but stay depressed and talk about it wrong and people will kick your ass to the curb in a heartbeat.

unless it really is me treated worse than anyone else even if the next person does the exact same thing it is me treated worse always.

Reply to this post

Response to Amyishere (Reply #3)

Mon Feb 10, 2020, 01:15 PM

4. Amy, Welcome to DU

First time I have 'met' you.

Have you had a change to check out the groups for your interests since '18?
Pets can always use more dog photos, the chronic conditions, and mental health groups are good places to vent and share info, and the Veterans group is off & on active.

Respect to you for your service.

Reply to this post

Response to Amyishere (Reply #3)

Mon Feb 10, 2020, 01:33 PM

6. You are welcomed here in DU

There are lots of veterans here. And we have a lot of forums for multiple things, including one for DUers to be able able to talk about depression and other mental health issues. Hereís the link.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=forum&id=1151

If you want to look into other groups just click on Forums at the top or in the left column.

Welcome!

Reply to this post

Response to lunatica (Reply #6)

Mon Feb 10, 2020, 01:36 PM

7. thank you.

When I am very depressed..when I am in the middle of a total panic spiral..just a few simple words of kindness will bring me out of it. but my so called 'friends' knew it would trigger me and make me worse to judge and insult, so that's what they did and called it 'help'. For my own good. Emotional torture for my own good.

that's what an abuser says.

Reply to this post

Response to Amyishere (Reply #7)

Mon Feb 10, 2020, 01:44 PM

9. I'm sorry to hear that.

It doesnít sound like your friends understand that depression isnít a life choice youíre making. Itís a very real and serious condition that happens to you. No one chooses to be depressed. I think you will find DU much more receptive.

I hope the doctor at the VA helps you with your dislocated jaw and your depression. Just donít give up.

Reply to this post

Response to Amyishere (Reply #7)

Mon Feb 10, 2020, 02:01 PM

10. Another good forum you can go to

is the DU Lounge, where people go to just visit and get along. No hard politics are allowed and no fighting. Itís a place to feel good.

And you need to check out our own DUer catbyte for the most wonderful and uplifting videos about animals. She only posts happy ones that make you feel good so you can trust her posts.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=forum&id=1018

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread