HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » For the love of humanity,...

Fri Mar 13, 2020, 10:50 AM

For the love of humanity, IMPEACH TRUMP: Trump administration blocks states from using Medicaid

12 replies, 794 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply For the love of humanity, IMPEACH TRUMP: Trump administration blocks states from using Medicaid (Original post)
BeckyDem Mar 2020 OP
frazzled Mar 2020 #1
BeckyDem Mar 2020 #2
NoMoreRepugs Mar 2020 #3
BeckyDem Mar 2020 #4
BeckyDem Mar 2020 #5
barbtries Mar 2020 #6
BeckyDem Mar 2020 #7
barbtries Mar 2020 #8
BeckyDem Mar 2020 #9
Kingofalldems Mar 2020 #10
BeckyDem Mar 2020 #11
BeckyDem Mar 2020 #12

Response to BeckyDem (Original post)

Fri Mar 13, 2020, 10:52 AM

1. We already did

It got us nowhere. We can impeach him 5 more times, but the Senate won't convict. You just have to VOTE.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to frazzled (Reply #1)

Fri Mar 13, 2020, 10:54 AM

2. We can't ignore his continued assault on the American people.

As lawmakers they must respond accordingly to him!

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 13, 2020, 11:07 AM

3. The dumb as rocks Deplorables will continue to vote Rethug

as many of them are denied coverage for a test that could save their life and help stop the spread of covid19..... sorry, me personally, I have zero problem with them dying in droves.

Reply to this post

Response to NoMoreRepugs (Reply #3)

Fri Mar 13, 2020, 11:09 AM

4. Our side needs to attack Trump on this NOW. Over and over again until he stops it.

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 13, 2020, 11:11 AM

5. Coronavirus Is Ripping Away Health Insurance for Hourly Workers

"Im worried if my son gets sick," said one hotel housekeeper who has seen drastic cuts to her hours.

Alma Quiroz is a housekeeper at the Edgewater Hotel in Seattle, one of the country's biggest hotspots for COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus. Her work schedule has recently been cut from 40 hours per week to just eight hours. With a reduced schedule comes the threat that she will also lose health insurance benefits from working at least 80 hours each month.

Im worried if my son gets sick, she said. We automatically lose our health insurance because Im not getting enough hours to be eligible. Its very difficult not working enough hours, worrying how Im going to pay rent. I can get scheduled and they will call the day before to let me know they dont have enough rooms to clean, so I have to stay home with no pay. Im worried about affording food to provide for my family.

As the virus spreads rapidly and invisibly across the U.S., low-wage workers and those in the service industry like Quiroz will be hit extra hard. Most are unable to work from home, many can't afford to take time off for childcare if schools close, and paid time off of any sort remains a rarity for them in many parts of the U.S. But hourly workers have another challenge: If they get laid off or have their hours cut in a coronavirus-related economic downturn, they could lose their employer-provided health insurance and, in a bitter bit of irony, become even more vulnerable to the outbreak.

Jeremiah Saldate, a banquet server at the Edgewater for 13 years, had his shifts cut from four or five a week to one per week.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bvg3dm/coronavirus-is-ripping-away-health-insurance-for-hourly-workers

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 13, 2020, 11:13 AM

6. republicans do not love humanity

they consider themselves a cut above.

Reply to this post

Response to barbtries (Reply #6)

Fri Mar 13, 2020, 11:15 AM

7. Seriously, our guys in DC need to rally a full scale legal assault against him.

This is just far too dangerous and disgusting.

Reply to this post

Response to BeckyDem (Reply #7)

Fri Mar 13, 2020, 11:23 AM

8. i agree,

but they've got a lock on the senate majority. they have a media machine. they have the courts now.
yes, they should do this. republicans should be getting behind it. but it's not happening. we're on our own.

Reply to this post

Response to barbtries (Reply #8)

Fri Mar 13, 2020, 11:26 AM

9. Oh I get that but at least call press conferences and Obama should be calling him out too.

The press will show up for that!

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 13, 2020, 11:28 AM

10. The onus is on republicans.

Only with their help can he be removed.

Reply to this post

Response to Kingofalldems (Reply #10)

Fri Mar 13, 2020, 11:36 AM

11. We must try and do so by calling him out and never let up on his latest assault on humanity.

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 13, 2020, 04:08 PM

12. Please call your congress people, stop Trump.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread