HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Updated...Regarding racis...

Fri Mar 20, 2020, 05:22 PM

Updated...Regarding racist twitter hashtags for COVID-19

Last edited Sun Apr 19, 2020, 10:39 AM - Edit history (1)

Update: I'm still doing this search and report mission, but the occurance of the racist tags has tapered off somewhat. Not down to zero though, so I keep banging away at it.

Btw, Twitter notifies me when they agree with me...about 5% of the time. They don't tell me what they do with the account, though...whether is suspended or what.

I've been spending a bit of time every day searching for racist hashtags on twitter (you know the ones) and reporting them... for whatever good it may do. Yes, I have time on my hands 😏.

I've made an interesting observation about the use of these tags ... most people only started using them a few days ago. Go back in these people's history and they were previously using variations on #coronavirus or #COVID. My conclusion is that using the racist tags has been a concious choice by these people.

They must be called out on this, strongly and often!

1 replies, 465 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Updated...Regarding racist twitter hashtags for COVID-19 (Original post)
ihaveaquestion Mar 2020 OP
ProfessorGAC Mar 2020 #1

Response to ihaveaquestion (Original post)

Fri Mar 20, 2020, 05:23 PM

1. K&R!

I don't do any social media. I'm glad someone with your mindset is at least tracking such BS!
Good for you!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread