HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » AND, the job security cou...

Mon May 4, 2020, 01:34 PM

AND, the job security countdown clock begins for Mark Meadows as he warns of coronavirus flare-ups.

McCarthy breaks with McConnell over Trump’s testing offer for Congress
The remarks from the top House Republican align with the president in opposition to the joint, bipartisan decision.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/04/mccarthy-mcconnell-testing-coronavirus-233984

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said Monday he disagreed with Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s decision to decline the Trump administration’s offer to provide Congress with rapid-results coronavirus testing.

“I do believe it would be critical to have the testing here because there will be a flare-up. Remember how many people from other parts of the country come to this location,” McCarthy (R-Calif.) told POLITICO Playbook authors Jake Sherman and Anna Palmer in a virtual interview.

The remarks from the top House Republican align with the president and break with the joint, bipartisan decision over the weekend by the Democratic speaker of the House and the Senate’s GOP leader.

Although Pelosi (D-Calif.) and McConnell (R-Ky.) said in a statement Saturday that lawmakers were “grateful” for the administration’s “generous offer,” they added that Congress “wants to keep directing resources to the front-line facilities where they can do the most good the most quickly.”

4 replies, 902 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply AND, the job security countdown clock begins for Mark Meadows as he warns of coronavirus flare-ups. (Original post)
Miles Archer May 2020 OP
DrToast May 2020 #1
Under The Radar May 2020 #2
mr_lebowski May 2020 #3
greatauntoftriplets May 2020 #4

Response to Miles Archer (Original post)

Mon May 4, 2020, 01:37 PM

1. I agree with McCarthy

I disagree with Pelosi and McConnell.

Members of Congress should be tested regularly. We all should, but especially members of Congress.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon May 4, 2020, 01:41 PM

2. With Trump at 38% and falling, look for more Repub defections

Reply to this post

Mon May 4, 2020, 01:53 PM

3. Not following the Mark Meadows thing in the headline ... (nt)

Reply to this post

Mon May 4, 2020, 01:54 PM

4. Hoist with his own petard.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread