HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » President Whitmore is a h...

Sun May 17, 2020, 01:10 AM

President Whitmore is a hero

He went and fought alongside his fellow Americans to take down the alien invasion.

Trump....you fought against everything to get Americans killed by the Coronavirus.

Please I hope y'all get that reference.

7 replies, 1005 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply President Whitmore is a hero (Original post)
vercetti2021 May 2020 OP
murielm99 May 2020 #1
Renew Deal May 2020 #4
localroger May 2020 #5
lunatica May 2020 #2
genxlib May 2020 #3
lark May 2020 #6
haele May 2020 #7

Response to vercetti2021 (Original post)

Sun May 17, 2020, 02:22 AM

1. It's been a long time since I saw that movie.

I will have to watch it again.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to murielm99 (Reply #1)

Sun May 17, 2020, 07:57 AM

4. There's a sequel.

You can watch both.

Reply to this post

Response to Renew Deal (Reply #4)

Sun May 17, 2020, 08:10 AM

5. The sequel was disappointing

It's like they took all the tropes they thought were cool from other franchises and threw them at a wall. Giant badass killing machine queen alien from Aliens? Check. (Have any of these people actually seen the queen of an insect colony?) Giant drill boring into the planet to destroy everything in exactly 47 minutes if it's not stopped from Star Trek? Check. Benevolent but unvictorious aliens who have never managed to defeat the bad guys impressed with us after we defeat the bad guys from like every single story in reddit/HFY? Check. Character who comes out of a coma with the magic code to save the day? Yep.

I hate to use the word "realistic" but the original ID4 did a far better job of helping me suspend disbelief. I could believe in an alien race that acted like those aliens, in an attack that unfolded the way their attack did, and the threat both unfolding and being met the way it was depicted.

Reply to this post

Sun May 17, 2020, 02:34 AM

2. I get it

I think that video is a satire that Trump thinks makes him look slim and heroic. I just donít see anyone thinking itís serious. All the idiots that were photoshopped into it looked idiotic. And Trump looked idiotic. And what is the message? That heíll finally become presidential when we get invaded by extra terrestrials? Itís a head scratcher. I donít see it being flattering at all.

But then Iíve been thinking heís really losing his mind recently. I mean for real.

Reply to this post

Sun May 17, 2020, 07:50 AM

3. There is a longer story arc as well

Whitmore had been a military pilot so he had the training and character to be a hero.

Avoidance and blame shifting IS what Trump learned in his youth

Reply to this post

Sun May 17, 2020, 09:43 AM

6. oh yeah!

One is a celluloid hero and one is a real life zero and a murderer for profit, this is the difference.

Reply to this post

Sun May 17, 2020, 01:25 PM

7. President Whitmore compared to pResident Witless.

I'd like to think that the late, great Bill Pullman would have decked the Dumpster fire for that plagerized PoC video...

Haele

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread