HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ikea shoppers suffer chem...

Sun May 17, 2020, 03:27 PM

Ikea shoppers suffer chemical burns after hand sanitizer accidentally replaced with drain cleaner

At least three people suffered chemical burns at an Ikea in the Netherlands after the contents of a hand sanitizer bottle were replaced with drain cleaner.

Police say a cleaning woman who was not a native Dutch speaker made the swap accidentally, according to NOS.

IKEAs across the Netherlands closed voluntarily in response to the coronavirus pandemic. They are reopening, but allowing fewer customers inside.

Two victims have already retained the services of a personal-injury law firm, Juridisch Bureau Letselschade & Gezondheidsrecht.

link

2 replies, 874 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ikea shoppers suffer chemical burns after hand sanitizer accidentally replaced with drain cleaner (Original post)
yortsed snacilbuper May 2020 OP
ProfessorGAC May 2020 #1
Sneederbunk May 2020 #2

Response to yortsed snacilbuper (Original post)

Sun May 17, 2020, 04:04 PM

1. Eeeep!

It's why I've always thought drain cleaners should have a vivid dye. Bright red, which reminds people of "caution" or "danger".

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to yortsed snacilbuper (Original post)

Sun May 17, 2020, 05:34 PM

2. Swedish humor.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread