HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Poll: Tuberville fares be...

Mon Jun 22, 2020, 11:06 PM

Poll: Tuberville fares better against Jones than Sessions does; Both GOP candidates hold large leads

Polling results released by an Alabama-based, nationally respected data firm on Monday show that both former Auburn University head football coach Tommy Tuberville and former U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions would enter a general election battle against U.S. Senator Doug Jones (D-AL) with a sizable lead.

Sessions would garner 44.70% in his hypothetical, compared to Jones at 35.20%. Another 17.50% of respondents were undecided, and Parrish took 2.70% of the vote.

Meanwhile, Tuberville received 49.70% in his general election scenario, with Jones at 35.70%, 12.70% undecided and 1.90% for Parrish.

Comparatively, Sessions would beat Jones by 9.50%, while Tuberville would beat Jones by 14.00%.

https://yellowhammernews.com/poll-tuberville-fairs-better-against-jones-than-sessions-does-both-gop-candidates-hold-large-leads/

Damn, in this environment and with Trump so awful, I was hoping Jones would have a chance...

8 replies, 903 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Poll: Tuberville fares better against Jones than Sessions does; Both GOP candidates hold large leads (Original post)
Polybius Jun 2020 OP
liberaltrucker Jun 2020 #1
roamer65 Jun 2020 #2
Polybius Jun 2020 #3
roamer65 Jun 2020 #4
peacebuzzard Jun 2020 #5
Polybius Jun 2020 #8
misanthrope Jun 2020 #6
Awsi Dooger Jun 2020 #7

Response to Polybius (Original post)

Mon Jun 22, 2020, 11:12 PM

1. No surprise, unfortunately

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jun 22, 2020, 11:12 PM

2. Doug Jones will get a spot in the Biden Administration.

Mark my words and he deserves it.

Reply to this post

Response to roamer65 (Reply #2)

Mon Jun 22, 2020, 11:15 PM

3. He's qualified to be Attorney General

He had great success prosecuting the Klan.

Reply to this post

Response to Polybius (Reply #3)

Mon Jun 22, 2020, 11:16 PM

4. I think he would make a great one.

Reply to this post

Mon Jun 22, 2020, 11:18 PM

5. the AL general population is missing the light bulb moment

under these circumstances.
Doug Jones has done everything sensibly.
I live in a similar state: TN. Many here have the same type of general sentiment.
AL and TN general population fits in well with the audience of the Tulsa convention center mini-group.

Reply to this post

Response to peacebuzzard (Reply #5)

Tue Jun 23, 2020, 11:20 AM

8. For us Democrats he's been fantastic

But Republicans look at it differently. They see his vote against Kavanaugh and vote for Trump's impeachment as poison. The only Democrat that would have a chance here is a very conservative one.

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 23, 2020, 12:06 AM

6. Sorry but Doug Jones never had a chance in Alabama

His razor-thin win over a teen-humping, theocratic scofflaw was an outlier. He's too sensible for the Heart of Dixie.

Tuberville -- the ex-football coach whose reputation for mediocrity, lying and laziness was only compounded by his active participation in financial fraud -- is perfect for the Trump-loving right-wingers of ruby-red 'Bama. I will only be surprised if the jug-eared grifter doesn't get indicted for something before his time in DC is done.

Reply to this post

Response to misanthrope (Reply #6)

Tue Jun 23, 2020, 04:16 AM

7. Jones had the perfect opponent at the perfect time

Trump's approval rating was 37% nationally when that election was held. It was the only way Jones could ever win. If Trump's approval had been slightly higher or the opponent slightly less despicable, we never win that seat.

I admire Doug Jones for many of the votes he has made. A lesser man would have strategically tried to pretend he had a chance in 2020 if he tilted toward the state and not the party. And it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. I have never allowed one minute to believing we had any opportunity to win a full term in Alabama.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread