HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » This message was self-del...

Wed Jul 1, 2020, 05:28 PM

This message was self-deleted by its author

This message was self-deleted by its author (softydog88) on Tue Apr 6, 2021, 11:16 PM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

2 replies, 622 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply This message was self-deleted by its author (Original post)
softydog88 Jul 2020 OP
Midnightwalk Jul 2020 #1
crickets Jul 2020 #2

Response to softydog88 (Original post)

Wed Jul 1, 2020, 05:45 PM

1. Good theme

Iíd add in the rage and being asked or even seeing others wear masks. ďItís my constitutional right to wear a mask. How dare you make me look bad by wearing one.Ē

Such a small sacrifice that too many are unwilling to make. Let alone what nonsense about a constitutional right.

Iíve been thinking about that cartoon with a kid with a bullet proof backpack going to school next to a frame of a mask rager.

The first take I had was that weíre asking that kid to make that sacrifice to wear armor but not willing to wear a mask.

Yesterday I realized itís deeper. Of course we canít expect Americans to sacrifice with tighter licensing, training and technical gun restrictions. As a country we canít even sacrifice enough to wear masks.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to softydog88 (Original post)

Wed Jul 1, 2020, 06:42 PM

2. Thoughtful and thought provoking.

These are ideas we should be talking about more as a country, and questions we should be asking ourselves as a nation. With better leadership, perhaps we will.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink