HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The energy when dropping ...

Tue Aug 4, 2020, 09:11 PM

The energy when dropping off our ballots was amazing

Iím in Washington state, Seattle to be specific, but we went down to an unincorporated part of the community of White Center to the library when a ballot box was. Itís a rough, diverse, working class neighborhood.

Man that dumpster sized ballot box was getting full! LOTíS of the under 30 crowd, people of all ethnicities, we were wearing masks and socially distancing as our turn came up, I just got out of the car and ran up, but it was like automatic, Respectful, met the eyes of young people and got that ďwe are in this together nodĒ you could see the pride. Feel the hope.

It was one of the best voting experiences Iíve ever had, and it lasted about a minute

11 replies, 1722 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 11 replies Author Time Post
Reply The energy when dropping off our ballots was amazing (Original post)
ismnotwasm Aug 4 OP
sheshe2 Aug 4 #1
ismnotwasm Aug 4 #5
sheshe2 Aug 4 #2
Cha Aug 4 #3
ismnotwasm Aug 4 #4
Cha Aug 4 #6
thinkingagain Aug 4 #7
RainCaster Aug 4 #8
ribrepin Aug 4 #9
Rob_70 Aug 5 #10
brer cat Aug 5 #11

Response to ismnotwasm (Original post)

Tue Aug 4, 2020, 09:33 PM

1. Beautiful.

Thank you ism.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to sheshe2 (Reply #1)

Tue Aug 4, 2020, 09:42 PM

5. Thank you my beautiful friend

Reply to this post

Tue Aug 4, 2020, 09:35 PM

3. I know what you mean, ismnotwasm!

My eyes are filling with water just reading this.. Mahalo for sharing your emotional Voting experience.

I had accidently tossed my envelope that came with my mail in ballot.. so I was emailing & calling to get another one. It finally came today but in the mean time I got to vote in person at the Kauai Voters Service Center.

I was told to just bring my ID to Conference Room B. When I finally found it, there was a Keeper of the Ballot Box who took my temperature & I was directed to go down the hall to Room B. On the other side of the door were poll workers, one voting machine, and enough room for 3 or 4 voters.

After someone was finished voting the workers would clap & cheer Hooya! When I put my paper ballot in the machine they started clapping and I did too! & I said.. "Thank you for being here!"

Everyone was so nice & we were all excited to be VOTING!

Reply to this post

Response to Cha (Reply #3)

Tue Aug 4, 2020, 09:42 PM

4. Nice!

Itís a different vibe this year for sure, seeing so many diverse young folks was incredibly heartening. Both my husband and I were blown away

Reply to this post

Response to ismnotwasm (Reply #4)

Tue Aug 4, 2020, 09:53 PM

6. Yes, It's definitely in the air.. all over the country! And, "heartening" is a good word for it..

I didn't mention our primary ends August 8th so I was concerned about my ballot getting there in the mail ON Time.. which made my voting experience extra special!

Reply to this post

Tue Aug 4, 2020, 10:05 PM

7. Thank goodness

I was starting to worry as so far the returns across the state was low. I think King co was one of the lowest percentages. Quick glance I was thinking the bluer areas had lower returns than the redder parts of the state I was like come on King co we need you to pull this state into the blue zone. This was as of yesterday.

Reply to this post

Tue Aug 4, 2020, 11:15 PM

8. I live in Kingston, and our drive up box had steady traffic

I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Tim Eyman out?
Any Republicans make it?

Reply to this post

Tue Aug 4, 2020, 11:51 PM

9. I'm Snohomish County in Washington

Steady stream yesterday dropping off ballots.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 5, 2020, 12:18 AM

10. I second that!

I'm from the Pierce county area and the drop off was amazing! If the entire country was to do this, no matter hard trump tried to cheat it would fail epically.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 5, 2020, 09:56 AM

11. That is great!

I hope it is repeated across the country. We are in this together, and together we will win!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread