HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » To think I may never see ...

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 12:53 PM

To think I may never see my sons, grandchildren EVER AGAIN

because people DARED to suggest there was little difference between our candidate and the TRAITOR

Even if we prevail now, (I have bad feelings about that), the damage done so far may KILL ME!

I dont see a lot of it this time around, thank goodness, but it may be TOO FUCKING LATE for some of us!

NEVER forgive them NEVER

And no I wont shut up...I also wont continue to accurately predict EXACTLY what will happen as I have for 4 years. I hate being right but it is easy, just imagine "what is the worst possible thing a human being could do" then predict traitor and the GOP will do that, and you will be as accurate as I have been.

31 replies, 2286 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 31 replies Author Time Post
Reply To think I may never see my sons, grandchildren EVER AGAIN (Original post)
Eliot Rosewater Sep 2020 OP
murielm99 Sep 2020 #1
Eliot Rosewater Sep 2020 #2
Claustrum Sep 2020 #3
murielm99 Sep 2020 #7
Freedomofspeech Sep 2020 #4
hamsterjill Sep 2020 #5
ismnotwasm Sep 2020 #6
Mariana Sep 2020 #8
Eliot Rosewater Sep 2020 #9
nolabear Sep 2020 #10
Eliot Rosewater Sep 2020 #16
nolabear Sep 2020 #21
flying_wahini Sep 2020 #11
Eliot Rosewater Sep 2020 #17
littlemissmartypants Sep 2020 #12
Eliot Rosewater Sep 2020 #18
Totally Tunsie Sep 2020 #26
EndlessWire Sep 2020 #27
Eliot Rosewater Sep 2020 #28
MFM008 Sep 2020 #13
Eliot Rosewater Sep 2020 #19
speaknow Sep 2020 #14
AllaN01Bear Sep 2020 #15
Eliot Rosewater Sep 2020 #20
MLAA Sep 2020 #24
Demsrule86 Sep 2020 #22
former9thward Sep 2020 #29
Demsrule86 Sep 2020 #30
former9thward Sep 2020 #31
Totally Tunsie Sep 2020 #23
Eliot Rosewater Sep 2020 #25

Response to Eliot Rosewater (Original post)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 12:55 PM

1. My son came out to visit on Labor Day.

He is ninety miles away, and working from home.

I don't think I will ever see my girls again.

Thanks, trump.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to murielm99 (Reply #1)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 12:56 PM

2. Exactly, I just told my son who is 60 miles away on election day or the day after we

may have to meet up, unless one of us is dead already, as I am pretty sure we will not be able to see each other after the election with all the violence that will be happening.

Reply to this post

Response to Eliot Rosewater (Reply #2)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 01:00 PM

3. Maybe have them visit you outside the home through the glass window

You won't be able to hug them or kiss them but at least you can have a nice conversation and see the grand kids playing in your back yard.

Reply to this post

Response to Eliot Rosewater (Reply #2)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 01:08 PM

7. I don't want my son out here after election day, either.

I live in a rural red part of the state. I think it will get dangerous. We make no secret of the the fact that we are Democrats and activists. Our yard signs are proof enough.

We just installed a new pole toward the back of our property, with an LED light on a timer. I have been practicing with my 410. We are in the country. I don't want to shoot anyone, but I will defend myself and my husband will do the same.

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 01:02 PM

4. My son and his family live in Maine...

We are in SW PA. We used to drive up to see them every other month. We have not seen them since the beginning of February. I have a six year old grandson and my two year old granddaughter and it is breaking my heart not to see them.
My other son and his family are in Cleveland. We can make that 2.5 hour drive without stopping so we have seen them a few times.
Our grandchildren's childhoods have been stolen from them, too. I have never been so filled with hate in my whole life.

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 01:03 PM

5. I am broken hearted and I am ANGRY!

I totally get what youíre saying. I, too, worry that Trump will stay in office beyond Inauguration Day. I say ďstay in officeĒ because I donít believe he was fairly elected in the first place. Therefore, Iím not counting on it being fair this time around. It scares the hell out of me.

My life has been tuned upside down and inside out because of that monster and you can be sure that I will NEVER forget.

I can name seven people who have died from COVID. Had we a plan of action and a better response by a LEADER rather than an egotistical jerk, some if not all of those people might still be with their families.

Screw those who say itís ďnegativeĒ to be realistic. Itís dangerous to be overconfident!

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 01:04 PM

6. Yeah. I'll be pissed for the rest of my life.

Not in a active way, but more disgusted irritation when I think about it.

The things Trump is doing is spread out in areas people donít see, certain charitable organizations in New York losing funding for instance ( and donít ask, this was from a friend who works in one of those organizations and it was a convoluted tale involving a charity for elderly, FEMA and losing Funding) Trump is the complete asshole package.

I am sitting in Seattle, grey brownish morning with the smell of smoke in the air. My eyes and throat burn, and Iím nowhere near fire.

Itís eerily quit. There is a pandemic. Massive homelessness that is getting worse. Nazis openly proud and marching. Conspiracy and conspiracy theorists everywhere one of the most repugnant human beings I have ever seen or heard of who sitting in the White House.

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 01:13 PM

8. Are you this angry at the Republicans who voted for him?

The people who knew exactly how different he was from our candidate, and who voted for him because of that? How about the ones who still adore him today, and who will gleefully vote for him again in November?

I know at least one poster here has said, "I don't blame Republican voters" for Trump. Is that how you feel as well?

Reply to this post

Response to Mariana (Reply #8)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 01:16 PM

9. Repubs are a GIVEN they would FALL for LIES about our candidate and worse REPEAT them

They are HORRIBLE people, anyone who supports rump still is an ENEMY OF THE HUMAN RACE

It is very clear what I am saying...

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 01:20 PM

10. My stepmother, nearly 90, is near death. I won't see her again.

Sheís far enough along in that disturbingly fast decline the very old sometimes have and talking on the phone is practically useless. We wonít be able to see her or attend any memorial. Iím somewhere between despair and absolute rage. The rage might be whatís keeping me going.

Reply to this post

Response to nolabear (Reply #10)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 04:04 PM

16. My condolences...nobody should have to live like this...

Reply to this post

Response to Eliot Rosewater (Reply #16)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 04:49 PM

21. Thanks. You're right. I hope it increases our compassion.

Weíve had it very, very easy in this country while looking down on others whose lives have terrible obstructions, as if they should just work harder.

This is what helplessness under a horrific government feels like.

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 02:14 PM

11. My sis has Stage 4 cancer and lives in Canada. I feel your pain.

Canít get in to see her and wouldnít want to possibly infect her with a Covid. Trump has done this.

Reply to this post

Response to flying_wahini (Reply #11)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 04:05 PM

17. Very sorry to hear this. Yes, traitor and his party, all 45 million of them are DIRECTLY guilty

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 02:19 PM

12. It's likely that I will never see my dad again even though he lives less

than 15 minutes away. He's been put on hospice as he has been diagnosed with bone cancer. It's very hard for me to even type the words.

Reply to this post

Response to littlemissmartypants (Reply #12)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 04:06 PM

18. I am so sorry. I remember the night my dad died, the nurse in the care home asked if she

should wake him so I could talk to him and I said no, let him rest, he died 2 hours later after I went to my hotel.

I have regretted that forever.

Reply to this post

Response to Eliot Rosewater (Reply #18)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 06:38 PM

26. That's painful, and I feel for you.

Reply to this post

Response to Eliot Rosewater (Reply #18)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 06:47 PM

27. I understand what you are saying

But, stop feeling bad about it. You feel bad because your Dad died at peace? You WERE THERE. He knew it. Sometimes, giving people permission to leave is just as important as trying to hold on. Maybe he didn't want you to see him go.

It's just that death is hard to deal with, you don't always react in the way you think you will or can, and that's just what happens. You can still talk to him. Listen for his answers. Watch for those things that remind you of him.

You will miss him every day from that moment until you yourself step out. It's natural, nothing to worry about. There will come a time when this regret you are feeling will lessen. You'll know when that happens. And then, your memories will sweeten up, and things will be okay.

Reply to this post

Response to EndlessWire (Reply #27)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 06:52 PM

28. Thanks

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 02:20 PM

13. I see my son

About every other week. I spend the night at his house.
If i didnt i would be in a mental hospital.
Its a chance we take.

Reply to this post

Response to MFM008 (Reply #13)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 04:07 PM

19. I am glad you decided to do this, I may have to do something soon.

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 03:59 PM

14. Adam Shiff

Said, He's a dangerous man!
Those that can do something just
sit back and do nothing!
We are in a never ending wearing masks
and staying away from the
people we love, so lets thank that SOB
on Nov 3rd and fire him!

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 04:00 PM

15. i live in a red area. many voted for obama. but not this time around

for most of my adult life ,( except for obama and bill) i feel like an exile in my own country. sad .

Reply to this post

Response to AllaN01Bear (Reply #15)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 04:07 PM

20. Sick ,twisted and unimaginable. All because of their deep deep hatred of POC and Women.

Reply to this post

Response to Eliot Rosewater (Reply #20)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 05:23 PM

24. Exactly

The fucking cowardsí fear of women and color. Destroying our country because of their inadequacies. I removed every republican from my life over 4 years ago. I didnít have many to remove, but those I did I had known for 25 years.

I grew up in the racist south and got out as soon as I finished college and never looked back.

Itís heartbreaking to know there are 35+ million of them in our country.

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 04:52 PM

22. 10,000 a day may die in December I heard. I have my first Grandchild due in

December, I hope I get to see her and be there for her.

Reply to this post

Response to Demsrule86 (Reply #22)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 07:14 PM

29. Where are you "hearing" this?

The death rate is far lower than in the early days of March/April. Scientists have said the disease is becoming less deadly. Have you heard your prediction from anyone who is a public health scientist?

Reply to this post

Response to former9thward (Reply #29)

Sun Sep 13, 2020, 01:54 PM

30. Winter is coming and we are expected to have over 400,000 dead by

Reply to this post

Response to Demsrule86 (Reply #30)

Sun Sep 13, 2020, 02:45 PM

31. The first link says "page not found"

The second link is behind a paywall. So we will wait and see. I don't believe the death toll will be anything close to that.

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 05:03 PM

23. My youngest son and his family moved to Sweden this summer

for his job promotion. At this point, I'm not sure if we'll ever be together again, which breaks my heart. His company will pay for the family to return to the U.S. for a couple of visits per year, but my grands are at an age - 10 and 14 - where travel around Europe will be a fun, stimulating, and educational benefit that can't be replicated. I'm encouraging them to "see the world" as a family while they can, and not to be tied to the thought of having to return to the U.S. during their vacation weeks. They've already experienced so much that is new and exciting to them, and I hope they take advantage of every opportunity that comes their way. Christmas is already booked for their stay at an ice hotel and a skimobile tour in the north of the country.

It's difficult and dangerous enough to even visit with my relatively local family for the time being. My son here is working from home, and my older grands are remote learning for all their classes at the moment. We've interacted in person very rarely, opting instead for phonecalls and Facetime. I'm accustomed to living alone, however I'm beginning to feel the "isolation" aspect of it more lately, but I'm also in a high-risk category where COVID could easily "be the death of me". Sometimes the choices are made for you.

tRump knew.

Reply to this post

Response to Totally Tunsie (Reply #23)

Sat Sep 12, 2020, 05:59 PM

25. Yep...we better get justice

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread