HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » What I am worried about i...

Fri Sep 18, 2020, 04:12 PM

What I am worried about is what Trump will do when he loses?

Given the proof of his past actions? He can do major damage anything and everything?

10 replies, 485 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply What I am worried about is what Trump will do when he loses? (Original post)
imanamerican63 Sep 18 OP
Freelancer Sep 18 #1
Post removed Sep 18 #2
Croney Sep 18 #3
Silent3 Sep 18 #6
MFM008 Sep 18 #4
Thekaspervote Sep 18 #9
Mike 03 Sep 18 #5
NoRoadUntravelled Sep 18 #7
Deuxcents Sep 18 #8
musclecar6 Sep 18 #10

Response to imanamerican63 (Original post)

Fri Sep 18, 2020, 04:20 PM

3. "When he loses" is such a glorious phrase, I'm not worried at all.

He will be powerless. The world will move on, and try to recover from the nightmare. He can yap and whine and claw at the air. Who cares.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Croney (Reply #3)

Fri Sep 18, 2020, 04:27 PM

6. He'll have a few months of lame-duckery before he's completely gone...

...and although I'm not hugely worried, during that time Trump still has the power to unilaterally cause a great deal of trouble, should he desire and his underlings not refuse to comply.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 18, 2020, 04:23 PM

4. 12:01

January 20.
Its over for him.
And his maggots.

Reply to this post

Response to MFM008 (Reply #4)

Fri Sep 18, 2020, 05:17 PM

9. congress resumes 1/3/21. Hopefully with a dem senate he will be totally ham stringed

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 18, 2020, 04:26 PM

5. I'm more worried about the period of time "before he loses"

This post scares the crap out of me:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214093576

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 18, 2020, 04:51 PM

7. That thought crosses my mind every now and then. Why wouldn't it after all he's shown us of himself?

His daily Reality Sh-t Show has us all working every day just to maintain some semblance of normalcy in his upside down, insane world. He loves it that he appears to have the power to make us all angry, upset, frustrated, worried. We can't change what he's doing. But we can do something right now.

We can choose each day to make the world better. A kind word, a smile even through a mask, a gentle tone. We can tell our family and our friends that we love them, that we're glad they're in our lives. We can listen to those who need a caring ear and we can keep reminding ourselves that this will pass. This day will pass.

This may not seem like much but it can be more powerful than we may ever know. None of us knows how much a simple word can mean to someone who's hanging on by a thread. Just a glimmer of hope can get a person through the darkest of nights and into the light of a new day where possibilities are seen that were hidden before.

As for tomorrow, that will be another story all on its own. Right now is all we have. Nothing further is guaranteed. Each moment holds that same weight. Moment by moment we move through life.

When the time comes that the current occupier of the White House loses the election, we'll play the cards as they're dealt. We're all together on this roller coaster and our fellow travelers are some amazing people. For now we must live each day the best we can, focus on the good, share a lot and care a lot. Tomorrow will be ours when it arrives.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 18, 2020, 05:07 PM

8. My fear is..

What damage he can do between the election hes lost n the swearing in on a new adm. I am hoping hell be taken by the Secret Svc and then put under arrest to answer for crimes n misdemeanors before n after his first term. And I hope he fingers all his enablers n they go, too.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 18, 2020, 05:56 PM

10. If he loses

As we all hope he will, the best thing the press can do, is immediately move the microphone away from him and put it in front of Joe and Kamala. That will drive him crazy.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread