HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I just wrote to Mitch

Sat Sep 19, 2020, 08:37 AM

I just wrote to Mitch

I know he'll probably never read it, but I tried to call his office (202) 224-2541 and they are "experiencing a high volume of calls" and "This mailbox cannot receive messages at this time" and then got disconnected.
So I emailed him instead. Again, I have no illusions , but it felt good to write it down and send it out to the universe.

Mitch, whatever else you may be, you are a pragmatist . If you try to push through a replacement for the late Justice Ginsburg in the weeks before the election, you will be the man who costs the Republican part the senate. I know you think that packing the court with some Federalist Society -stooge will motivate your base. Our base is bigger. Our base is more motivated. Our base will flip the senate, you will lose your speakership. And if the future leader decides to play by your rules, you will be the man who lost the Senate for the Republican Party for at least a generation. Be a pragmatist.

3 replies, 426 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply I just wrote to Mitch (Original post)
Hstch05 Sep 19 OP
LiberalLoner Sep 19 #1
JustABozoOnThisBus Sep 19 #2
Maraya1969 Sep 19 #3

Response to Hstch05 (Original post)

Sat Sep 19, 2020, 08:39 AM

1. Good email! 👏

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Hstch05 (Original post)

Sat Sep 19, 2020, 08:42 AM

2. "Losing" the Senate is not such a big deal for Mitch.

The senate goes back and forth. Stuffing the Supreme Court is a victory that lasts decades. Losing the senate is like sacrificing a pawn to gain a castle.

It's an easy decision.

Reply to this post

Response to JustABozoOnThisBus (Reply #2)

Sat Sep 19, 2020, 08:57 AM

3. It won't last long. Because as soon as the Dems get in they are going to increase the size of

the Supreme Court and add more justices in our favor.

I think I'll write him and thank him for that.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread