HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Sports

Sun Sep 27, 2020, 12:05 PM

Sports

I like to have sports channels on air in the AM. I miss them, like everyone else. Still, I don't think that players should risk their lives over it.

This post is about one tiny part of watching baseball highlights. Now, baseball is not my sport. But, it is part of this greater scenario that is playing out. I noticed this, and it tickles me.

Of course, the baseball venues are empty. They have to be right now. But, you know what someone did? They put cutouts of audience members in the stands. You see these hordes of people, and they are all fake! There they are, cheering on the players! Hahaha!

I appreciate that detail very much. It's like watching a cartoon, or something. It was fun, made me laugh, and I would like to see more.

2 replies, 340 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sports (Original post)
EndlessWire Sep 2020 OP
Bobstandard Sep 2020 #1
EndlessWire Sep 2020 #2

Response to EndlessWire (Original post)

Sun Sep 27, 2020, 12:12 PM

1. I'm not a football fan but...

Iím watching this afternoon. Itís an artifact of a better time and a mindless break from all the anxiety provoking issues of now.

Iím watching NFL games because those guys are grown, often made or being made wealthy by their spor,t and free to make their choice to play or not. I couldnít watch Saturdayís college games because there is something sordid about the power imbalance compelling those kids to play for free while their coaches and their programs reap wealth from it all.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Bobstandard (Reply #1)

Sun Sep 27, 2020, 12:35 PM

2. I'm currently watching

Robert Kraft try to rehab himself from that sex charge he incurred.

I watch college ball a lot. I love to see the emotion they display, their hopes and dreams on the line. These are their moments, probably the best in their lives.

I think that there is something afoot in regards to payment, but I can't remember exactly what it is.

I watch football and hockey, mostly, but also I have watched bull riding events, and horse racing. I am rethinking horse racing, because of what happened in California, but darned if I don't enjoy watching Tara and Johnny wearing their derby hats. I will surely miss that.

I also love the Olympics and will watch anything related to that. I'll be glad when that comes back.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread