HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "She doesn't know what sh...

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 01:01 PM

"She doesn't know what she's talking about". Biden on Lara Trump COVID statement

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mediaite.com/news/joe-biden-claps-back-at-lara-trump-over-coronavirus-comments-she-doesnt-know-what-shes-talking-about/amp/

Joe Biden Claps Back at Lara Trump Over Coronavirus Comments: ‘She Doesn’t Know What She’s Talking About

Former Vice President Joe Biden rebuked Lara Trump’s assertion that had he been president when the coronavirus pandemic started, there would be 2 million Americans dead rather than the 218,000 who have died on President Donald Trump’s watch.

The ex-VP gave several local interviews on Friday, including to Roop Raj of Detroit’s WJBK Fox 2. During the interview, Raj related the comments from Mrs. Trump — daughter-in-law and senior campaign adviser to Donald Trump — that she’d made in an earlier interview with Raj.

“Lara Trump said to me that ‘If Mr. Biden was in office the first 6 months, the way it was treated with the swine flu, we would have had 2 million dead,’ if you were in charge,” Raj told Biden.

First of all, she’s a lovely lady, but she doesn’t know what she’s talking about,” Biden said. “We lost 15,000 people to swine flu, we did not shut down any businesses, nothing, nothing happened in terms of the economy.:

And what happened is in this case, I laid out as early as the beginning of February that this was a crisis,” he continued. “We left behind for the president a pandemic office because we learned from this swine flew and other things that had happened, that we need to be prepared for viruses that come from abroad, you couldn’t build a wall to stop it.”

He went on to describe other elements of Trump’s response ...“Remember what he said? I take no responsibility, it’s not my responsibility.”

MORE.....

8 replies, 1064 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply "She doesn't know what she's talking about". Biden on Lara Trump COVID statement (Original post)
Budi Sunday OP
IADEMO2004 Sunday #1
Laelth Sunday #3
IADEMO2004 Sunday #6
ananda Sunday #8
ResistantAmerican17 Sunday #2
bucolic_frolic Sunday #4
Budi Sunday #7
elleng Sunday #5

Response to Budi (Original post)

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 01:07 PM

1. I wish he started with "First of all,Bless Her Heart" Molly Ivens style

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to IADEMO2004 (Reply #1)

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 01:21 PM

3. Given that Joe comes from Scranton, I suspect that ...

“She’s a lovely lady” is equivalent to “bless her little heart.”

It felt that way to me, in any event.

-Laelth

Reply to this post

Response to Laelth (Reply #3)

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 01:42 PM

6. That's fair enough.

Reply to this post

Response to IADEMO2004 (Reply #1)

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 01:51 PM

8. I know.

Or .. isn't that precious?

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 01:16 PM

2. The whole stupid drumph Klan is like those cartoon characters

who keep stepping on the rake and get the shit smacked out of them when it pops back up.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 01:21 PM

4. Joe understood from the get-go that this election would turn on credibility because

that is the game Trump has played with his HOAX! Fake News! and alternative reality.

Biden and his campaign have played this masterfully without being drawn into a firestorm over truth.

Joe is experienced and far smarter than he was ever given credit for.

Reply to this post

Response to bucolic_frolic (Reply #4)

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 01:47 PM

7. K & R THIS ⬆️

"Biden and his campaign have played this masterfully without being drawn into a firestorm over truth.

Joe is experienced and far smarter than he was ever given credit for."

He's playing this end game just as he did in the Primary.
The way he plays his stealth-like strategy is quite a thing to behold!

And you know what, THAT is the strategy Joe Biden has always used on his opponants throughout his Senate career as well.

That's why he is respected as a successful negotiator..even from 'across the aisle'.

Recalling how he humiliated Paul Ryan in a debate.

Because Joe knows what he's talking about & never comes dressed up in bullshit.

Biden is a just a joy to watch..
👍💙

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 01:31 PM

5. "Remember what he said? I take no responsibility, it's not my responsibility."

GOOD one!!!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread