Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Lady Freedom Returns

(14,120 posts)
Thu Nov 12, 2020, 02:32 PM Nov 2020

DU Opinion Poll

The Fighting Liberal
@texyellowdogdem

Has the Trump movement become a CULT?

Yes 98.1%
No 1.9%

Our turn. Has the Trump movement become a CULT

32 votes, 0 passes | Time left: Time expired
Yes
31 (97%)
No
1 (3%)
Show usernames
Disclaimer: This is an Internet poll
5 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
DU Opinion Poll (Original Post) Lady Freedom Returns Nov 2020 OP
I would say No Sherman A1 Nov 2020 #1
Pass. No option for my opinion here, Dark n Stormy Knight Nov 2020 #2
Cult/Klan stillcool Nov 2020 #3
"Become" a cult? ... Has always been a cult. nt Binkie The Clown Nov 2020 #4
IMO, it started with Sarah Palin & the tea party. CrispyQ Nov 2020 #5

Sherman A1

(38,958 posts)
1. I would say No
Thu Nov 12, 2020, 02:34 PM
Nov 2020

it has not become a cult, it always was one. It certainly has evolved, but the fundamentals were always there.

CrispyQ

(36,640 posts)
5. IMO, it started with Sarah Palin & the tea party.
Thu Nov 12, 2020, 03:00 PM
Nov 2020

They were emboldened when they saw that both the media & the GOP wouldn't shame them for being outwardly racist. Then the Con started the birther movement & kind of became the leader. They have just become worse over the last four years with every law/norm/tradition that the Con has stomped all over.

Kick in to the DU tip jar?

This week we're running a special pop-up mini fund drive. From Monday through Friday we're going ad-free for all registered members, and we're asking you to kick in to the DU tip jar to support the site and keep us financially healthy.

As a bonus, making a contribution will allow you to leave kudos for another DU member, and at the end of the week we'll recognize the DUers who you think make this community great.

Tell me more...

Latest Discussions»General Discussion»DU Opinion Poll