HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 1-47! A federal judge in ...

Mon Dec 7, 2020, 07:43 AM

1-47! A federal judge in Michigan SLAPS DOWN the Kraken in that state

A federal judge in Michigan SLAPS DOWN the Kraken in that state, denying an election-overturning restraining order.

"The People have spoken," U.S. District Judge Linda Parker wrote in a ruling filed well after midnight.

"In fact, this lawsuit seems to be less about achieving the relief Plaintiffs seek—as much of that relief is beyond the power of this Court—and more about the impact of their allegations on People’s faith in the democratic 36 process and their trust in our government."

5 replies, 1511 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply 1-47! A federal judge in Michigan SLAPS DOWN the Kraken in that state (Original post)
Roland99 Dec 7 OP
justhanginon Dec 7 #1
Baclava Dec 7 #2
Cirque du So-What Dec 7 #3
patphil Dec 7 #4
BobTheSubgenius Dec 7 #5

Response to Roland99 (Original post)

Mon Dec 7, 2020, 07:58 AM

1. That last paragraph nails this whole voter fraud fiasco.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Dec 7, 2020, 08:01 AM

2. Isnt tomorrow the Safe Harbor deadline for these freaking lawsuits? Be gone

This is the DU member formerly known as Baclava.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 7, 2020, 08:02 AM

3. 'The people have spoken'

Nice touch. Unless the ‘citizens united’ ideology is slapped back into oblivion, however, I could envision a future judge saying the same thing in connection with a ruling in which a corporate entity gets its evil way.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 7, 2020, 10:35 AM

4. Undermining people's faith in the election process is the fundamental objective here.

Trump hopes that he can sow enough discontent in the election process to support a hostile takeover, a coup, of the US government.

I don't think he will succeed, but he isn't done yet. He is already laying the groundwork for a 2024 bid, and, at the rate he is going, will have over a billion dollars to fund it...perhaps several billion. His mindless minions will keep the money flowing in as long as he keeps them stirred up through his rallies.

So his mantra will be fake this, fake that, stolen elections, can't trust the election system, Democrats cheated him...quite the effective brainwashing technique, geared to generating a powerful base that doesn't believe in our government, and wouldn't mind seeing it fall.

He's taking the Hitler path, and his base does everything but wear brown shirts. They use red hats instead. And, they aren't opposed to using intimidation and violence to achieve Trump's goals.

I can only hope that the few remaining sane, patriotic members of the Republican party will realize how big a threat he is and start to move away from him. They have a choice. Do they want to be their own person, or be an extension of Trump.

It's their choice, and they better choose quickly because Trump will continue to consolidate his power and tighten his control over the Republican Party in the months after the election.

By 2022, no candidate for federal office, or even state governor will be allowed to run unless they kowtow to Trump.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 7, 2020, 11:30 AM

5. Kudos to that judge for elucidating the issue so clearly.

I also realized how much I resent that "1."

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread