HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 2022

Tue Jan 26, 2021, 03:43 AM

I am VERY worried about next year’s midterms already.

Gerrymandering, media propaganda (internet based especially) and Republican ownership of voting machines make for a steep hill to victory. It took a blue tsunami in 2020 to override these obstacles thanks in part to **. With him out of the picture the much lower expected turnout will be a lot less likely to overcome the ever increasing rigs.

A Republican controlled congress or Senate during Biden‘s presidency will bring further advancement by his administration to a screeching halt.

So unless something extraordinary happens, we are looking at a guarantee of two years of progress and then lots of uncertainty.

I hope for the extraordinary—that we come together and do some very hard work to focus ahead.

I know we were responsible for raising massive amounts of money here and elsewhere. I’m sure many continue to donate.

I wonder what others think as I hope and pray that Biden literally makes hay while the sun shines.

0 replies, 421 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread