HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Alexei Navalny's brother,...

Fri Jan 29, 2021, 05:37 PM

Alexei Navalny's brother, aides under house arrest ahead of Russia protests

Agence France-Presse via Raw Story
January 29, 2021

The brother and aides of jailed Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny were placed under house arrest on Friday ahead of new rallies, as Russian authorities warned that protesters could face charges of taking part in "mass unrest".

Moscow police also announced that on Sunday, when the fresh protests are planned, movement in the centre of the Russian capital would be limited and seven central metro stations closed.

Kremlin critics say authorities are dramatically ramping up pressure on the opposition in an effort to intimidate protesters and smother dissent.

Navalny's plight and the increasing crackdown on dissent in Russia has sparked an outcry in the West, and the UN Security Council is set to meet informally on Wednesday to discuss Navalny, diplomats said.

https://www.rawstory.com/alexei-navalnys-brother-aides-under-house-arrest-ahead-of-russia-protests/

1 replies, 371 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Alexei Navalny's brother, aides under house arrest ahead of Russia protests (Original post)
Wicked Blue Jan 2021 OP
Dustlawyer Jan 2021 #1

Response to Wicked Blue (Original post)

Fri Jan 29, 2021, 05:50 PM

1. Time for some payback Pootie!

To protest in Russia requires as much bravery as BLM protestors! I used to think it took a great deal more over in Russia than in America, but last summer changed that for me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread