HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Security?

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 05:27 PM

Security?

Has anyone heard what level of security will be in place during the impeachment trial?

Are we at risk for another attack on the capital, something better organized?

7 replies, 486 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Security? (Original post)
RealityCheque Feb 4 OP
soothsayer Feb 4 #1
I_UndergroundPanther Feb 4 #2
lagomorph777 Feb 4 #3
I_UndergroundPanther Feb 4 #4
stillcool Feb 4 #5
RealityCheque Feb 4 #6
stillcool Feb 4 #7

Response to RealityCheque (Original post)

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 05:39 PM

1. Hmm. Hadn't thought about that.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 05:59 PM

2. I wondered about that too

Hope those righwing assholes get what coming to them if they endanger the lives of our Dem reps again.

I hope if they dare invade our capital again and there is 1 shot fired ,they will get mowed down with national guard gunfire until the ones behind them ,turn tail and run away and never dare come back and cause an insurection at the capital again.

There has to be a deterrent that scares the living shit out of them personally .
Afterwards any judge that lets them free on thier own reconizince gets labeled as traitors and removed from the court as a danger to democracy and undermining the concept of justice.

The attackers need it made up close and personal that if they attack the capital and fire a weapon at a rep or a policeman or troop again they'll be shot..

Reply to this post

Response to I_UndergroundPanther (Reply #2)

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 06:00 PM

3. I agree and that includes those with access to the inside of the Capitol.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 06:45 PM

5. The National Guard is staying there through March...

Reply to this post

Response to stillcool (Reply #5)

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 07:57 PM

6. Has there been a troop reduction since the inauguration?

Reply to this post

Response to RealityCheque (Reply #6)

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 08:42 PM

7. according to this from 24,000 to 7,000

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2021/01/25/thousands-of-guard-troops-to-stay-in-washington-as-threats-target-lawmakers-ahead-of-impeachment-trial/

Your Military
Thousands of Guard troops to stay in Washington as threats target lawmakers ahead of impeachment trial
Michael Balsamo, The Associated Press
January 24

WASHINGTON ó Federal law enforcement officials are examining a number of threats aimed at members of Congress as the second trial of former President Donald Trump nears, including ominous chatter about killing legislators or attacking them outside of the U.S. Capitol, a U.S. official told The Associated Press.

The threats, and concerns that armed protesters could return to sack the Capitol anew, have prompted the U.S. Capitol Police and other federal law enforcement to insist thousands of National Guard troops remain in Washington as the Senate moves forward with plans for Trumpís trial, the official said.

------------------
Similar to those intercepted by investigators ahead of Bidenís inauguration, the threats that law enforcement agents are tracking vary in specificity and credibility, said the official, who had been briefed on the matter. Mainly posted online and in chat groups, the messages have included plots to attack members of Congress during travel to and from the Capitol complex during the trial, according to the official.

The official was not authorized to not discuss an ongoing investigation publicly and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread