HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » i am in my anual lenten b...

Thu Feb 25, 2021, 10:43 AM

i am in my anual lenten boyycott of youtube . reading . surfing the net

and of course , du. du rocks also on youtube , i may not return. yt is insisting that everyone pay $10.00 month to remove ads , im glad i have a pretty good ad blocker but the buttons for the ads are annoying.
i first joined youtube in 2009 through various accounts that were hacked , then google went and bought it and now its a pile of shaaaving cream.
on that $10.00 a month thing to remove ads , a friend of mine does that and he still gets ads .

6 replies, 424 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply i am in my anual lenten boyycott of youtube . reading . surfing the net (Original post)
AllaN01Bear Feb 2021 OP
catbyte Feb 2021 #1
AllaN01Bear Feb 2021 #2
catbyte Feb 2021 #3
Goonch Feb 2021 #4
AllaN01Bear Feb 2021 #5
Goonch Feb 2021 #6

Response to AllaN01Bear (Original post)

Thu Feb 25, 2021, 10:48 AM

1. Your friend needs to contact YT. I pay the monthly fee because I HATE ads and I never see them.

I recently had a problem with ads appearing when watching YouTube on my TV but they stopped when I unplugged the TV then plugged it back in. Ads are gone again.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to catbyte (Reply #1)

Thu Feb 25, 2021, 10:56 AM

2. my friend streams to his tv via through his phone , so i dont know if that works.

but getting hold of yt may help. thanks

Reply to this post

Response to AllaN01Bear (Reply #2)

Thu Feb 25, 2021, 11:17 AM

3. He might want to try bypassing his phone and sign in directly through his TV. That middle

step might be what's screwing things up. I signed out before I unplugged the TV then signed back in after I plugged it back in. I read on the YouTube community support thread that ads on some TVs are an issue. Tell your friend to click on his screen pic in the upper right-hand corner. When the menu appears, click "Help" then type something like "Ads appearing on TV Premium member" and a list of solutions will appear. It could be that YouTube doesn't recognize him as a member when he goes through his phone. That's one of the topics.

It drove me up the wall when the ads popped up. YouTube would be unwatchable if I couldn't remove the ads, lol.

Reply to this post

Response to AllaN01Bear (Original post)

Thu Feb 25, 2021, 11:19 AM

4. Browsers

I use Opera and Firefox browsers with add-on ad blockers and have never seen an ad on Youtube.

Reply to this post

Response to Goonch (Reply #4)

Thu Feb 25, 2021, 11:24 AM

5. seamonkey and adblock and adblock plus for youtube and some filters .

i just get the annoying ad button wil start in 3,2,1 and they are all over the place .u used to be able to dissmiss the ads , but now when you do it starts all over again.

Reply to this post

Response to AllaN01Bear (Reply #5)

Thu Feb 25, 2021, 12:26 PM

6. Opera browser

has internal (non add-on) ad blockers that seem to help

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread