HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » White House taps insurers...

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 09:34 AM

White House taps insurers to boost vaccinations among vulnerable communities

Good!

White House taps insurers to boost vaccinations among vulnerable communities
The Biden administration will announce a new initiative with health insurers to ensure some of their most high-risk customers get vaccinated against Covid-19.
By SUSANNAH LUTHI
03/03/2021 06:00 AM EST

The Biden administration on Wednesday will announce a new initiative with health insurers to ensure some of their most high-risk customers get vaccinated against Covid-19, as the White House tries to energize lagging efforts to distribute the shots equitably.

The effort, organized by White House coronavirus adviser Andy Slavitt and led by major lobby America’s Health Insurance Plans, is aiming to fully vaccinate 2 million people 65 and older from vulnerable communities over the next 100 days, according to AHIP.

The program, which will be announced at the White House, is essentially leveraging the work health plans already perform with high-risk patients, such as helping them book appointments, reminding them about follow-ups and arranging transportation. The White House hopes the new focus will help quicken the pace of vaccinations for the most vulnerable patients, as confusing appointment websites or overloaded queues increase the risk they'll be left behind.

more...

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/03/white-house-insurers-vaccinations-473101

6 replies, 603 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply White House taps insurers to boost vaccinations among vulnerable communities (Original post)
babylonsister Mar 3 OP
Johnny2X2X Mar 3 #1
babylonsister Mar 3 #2
Johnny2X2X Mar 3 #4
dalton99a Mar 3 #3
mopinko Mar 3 #5
Hortensis Mar 3 #6

Response to babylonsister (Original post)

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 09:59 AM

1. This is what competency looks like

The urgency that the Biden Administration is showing will pay off. They're beating all expectations, they're setting goals and meeting them and then moving the goals higher. They haven't rested for one moment on Covid and won't until everyone possible has been vaccinated. I guarantee that now that it's pulled into the end of May, Biden is asking what needs to be done to pull it in a couple weeks further.

They're identifying the bottle necks and addressing each one as they find them.

This is what a functioning government looks like.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Johnny2X2X (Reply #1)

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 12:18 PM

2. Agreed. I'm very happy to see them addressing this. nt

Reply to this post

Response to babylonsister (Reply #2)

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 12:28 PM

4. None of this would be happening with trump

All we would hear about is how everything needs to open back up and how getting the vaccines some time in the Summer is something that was a miracle and everyone should be thankful for.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 12:26 PM

3. And tell people to fix their useless, fucked-up 'preregistration' websites

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 12:36 PM

5. i have a bcbs supplemental medicare plan.

i blew off an annual nurse's home visit that is in my plan.
i need to check this out.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 12:37 PM

6. "The effort will largely involve customers of private Medicare plans and low-income

older adults who qualify for Medicare and Medicaid. Thirteen insurers are currently involved,..."

This is great. Most recipients are already in their databases, and target populations in those communities who are not, the sort who typically get less healthcare and go unvaccinated, will be.

I didn't see it mentioned, but obviously databases and procedures developed now will be in place for the future, when additional vaccinations and other care become necessary.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread