HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Citing gun violence, Gabb...

Thu Mar 25, 2021, 03:56 PM

Citing gun violence, Gabby Giffords' trauma surgeon enters race for her old House seat

Randy Friese, the trauma surgeon who a decade ago treated Gabby Giffords after she was shot in the head, launched a run for Congress on Thursday — a year into a global pandemic and amid a flurry of mass shootings that have revived a national debate over gun laws.

Friese, who has served in Arizona’s state Legislature since 2015, hopes to succeed Democratic Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick, who is retiring next year from a southeastern Arizona district. He is friendly with Giffords and her husband, Sen. Mark Kelly, and plans to make his support for gun safety legislation a key theme of his run.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/25/gabby-giffords-trauma-surgeon-house-run-477973

2 replies, 449 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Citing gun violence, Gabby Giffords' trauma surgeon enters race for her old House seat (Original post)
SunSeeker Mar 2021 OP
rogue emissary Mar 2021 #1
SunSeeker Mar 2021 #2

Response to SunSeeker (Original post)

Thu Mar 25, 2021, 04:43 PM

1. Got my attention.

I'm so tired of hearing people talk about owning and firing a gun. As if those acts give them the ability to speak on gun law. I'd rather hear from those that have to patch and mend the broken bodies from gun trauma.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to rogue emissary (Reply #1)

Thu Mar 25, 2021, 04:45 PM

2. Me too. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread