HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The first day the US -- o...

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 12:09 PM

The first day the US -- or any other country -- has administered 4+ million shots in a single day.

?s=21

Ronald Klain
@WHCOS
The first day the US -- or any other country -- has administered 4+ million shots in a single day.

Cyrus Shahpar
@cyrusshahpar46
Wow a record reporting day!! +4.08M doses reported administered over the total yesterday. First day w/ 4M or more. Also first time averaging more than 3M per day over the past week. Millions coming together to accelerate our progress toward controlling the pandemic!

13 replies, 1452 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to soothsayer (Original post)

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 12:43 PM

2. Wonderful! Perhaps the only ones left before long will be just republicans that believe it's all

a hoax, die hards that will never believe that Covid 19 is a serious disease, unfortunately for them, they'll be the only ones left catching Covid 19, can't really say I'm sorry or such, that they all seen the numerous news reports of so many deaths, so much illness, the running out of medicines, hospital space, overwhelmed medical staff, etc. In short, ignoring the common sense of evidence right before their eyes.

Go man, GO! Keep up the good work and thanks to all of the medical professionals that have made this miracle possible. My heart goes out to everyone of you. Thank you.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SWBTATTReg (Reply #2)

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 01:58 PM

6. Vaccinated folks can still catch and spread COVID - it is still very dangerous.

Vaccinated folks can still catch it and spread it. Those who do catch it will only have mild to moderate cases - this applies to ALL vaccines in the US so far - they are preventing severe cases and death 100% of the time so far.

And because of the maskless anti-vaxxers enough of the population is still going to provide a fertile breeding ground for mutations that the vaccines MAY NOT WORK against.

Reply to this post

Response to Tommymac (Reply #6)

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 03:38 PM

13. What I think is going to happen is a bunch of these idiots are going to

silently get themselves vaccinated. They arenít as brave as they let on. Once we can vaccinate teens and others want to travel and need it, we will get to immunity. When it is fully approved and healthcare providers start to push and even require it for employment, people will get vaccinated and realize they will be okay.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 12:59 PM

3. Ty, President Biden!!!

I love saying that!

Isn't it wonderfully refreshing to have a President who is not trying to kill us all to please putin?

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 01:02 PM

4. This is great news

Reply to this post

Response to MustLoveBeagles (Reply #4)

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 01:59 PM

7. Yes. I can't wait to see how much the MSM will be crowing about that!

Just kidding.
They are desperately trying to find any fault they can to make their coverage "fair and balanced".

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 01:51 PM

5. My wife and I are heading over to the USA in a week because it's still impossible here

We've had enough! Even Merkel said on TV she was fed up with the snail's pace German bureaucracy, but she's the leader of the country and can get vaccinated. We're not, and we can't.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 02:02 PM

8. 1.2% of the US population TY Joe B. / "The American Rescue Plan is lifting us out of the pandemic

"The American Rescue Plan is lifting us out of the pandemic." Sec. Fudge

Funny when you have a smart, kind, experienced, and loving person as President who hires
really good people and lets them work things get done.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215295262#post1

:

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 02:05 PM

9. My wife & I were in that 4 million!

We both got pur first Moderna shot yesterday. We both have a sore arm & I'm feeling a little woozy with moderate body aches, so just relaxing today.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 02:22 PM

10. They've ramped up to a pace that would see the entire population vaccinated in those first 100 days.

Or, everyone that accepts the idea that there is a virus, it is a pandemic and the vaccine works could be vaccinated in about 8 weeks.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 02:55 PM

11. So good to hear!!

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 02:56 PM

12. By this summer shots will be available to all

At that point vaccinations should be made MANDATORY, but I know that will never happen.

Thank you President Biden.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread