HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » But Dear Mr. Boehner, wha...

Wed Apr 7, 2021, 10:17 PM

But Dear Mr. Boehner, what is this "Republican sanity" of which you speak? When did it reign?

But Dear Mr. Boehner, what is this “Republican sanity” of which you speak? When did it reign? Not on your watch. You invited in the crazies and gave them a big bear-hug. You validated their fears and conspiracies. You set them on a path that not so surprisingly ended up with a Republican president inciting a Republican crowd to ransack the citadel of American democracy where you once worked. So spare us your righteous indignation. As you stare deeply into that purplish red sea in your glass, attempt to come to terms with the fact that you once had a chance to try to protect your party and country from insanity and extremism. Instead, you said, “Pour me another.”

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/04/john-boehner-should-just-shut-the-up/
Way More:

?s=20I

5 replies, 789 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply But Dear Mr. Boehner, what is this "Republican sanity" of which you speak? When did it reign? (Original post)
kpete Apr 7 OP
FoxNewsSucks Apr 7 #1
tblue37 Apr 7 #2
PortTack Apr 8 #3
LT Barclay Apr 8 #5
Midnight Writer Apr 8 #4

Response to kpete (Original post)

Wed Apr 7, 2021, 10:23 PM

1. John Boner just wants to peddle his book.

All these never-trumper types who did NOTHING when they had the chance, but speak up now, would have a teeny tiny bit more credibility if they started out by saying "Holy Shit, I was WRONG and dammit I'm SORRY".

I don't think any of them have.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to FoxNewsSucks (Reply #1)

Wed Apr 7, 2021, 11:25 PM

2. Stuart Stevens has.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 8, 2021, 12:30 AM

3. Eisenhower..the last sane one

Reply to this post

Response to PortTack (Reply #3)

Thu Apr 8, 2021, 12:50 AM

5. I checked this post just to make sure that he was acknowledged.

I needed to find out more, so I have the Ambrose biography and hope to start it soon.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 8, 2021, 12:42 AM

4. To Boehner, "Republican sanity" means taking care of their rich patrons.

Boehner once handed out checks from a tobacco lobbyist right out on the House floor DURING THE VOTE!

Boehner's idea of sanity is being an honest grifter.

When John Boehner gets bought and paid for, he by god stays bought and paid for!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread