HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Large corporations are al...

Sun Apr 11, 2021, 07:36 PM

Large corporations are already breaking their promises to not donate to Republicans

Just a month after the Capitol attack, AT&T, Intel and Cigna donated $50,000 total to GOP fundraising committees
New FEC filings reveal that several major corporations that pledged in January to stop financially supporting members of Congress who tried to overturn the presidential election results broke their pledge in February.

In early January, shortly after false claims of voter fraud inspired a violent attack on the United States Capitol, Intel announced that it would stop PAC contributions to members of Congress that voted against certifying the Electoral College results. Intel said that vote, which attempted to overturn the results of a fair election, was not consistent with "our company's values."

snip

But on February 26, Intel sent a $15,000 PAC contribution to the National Republican Campaign Committee (NRCC).

snip

Intel's response tacitly acknowledges that it is indirectly backing Republican objectors that it pledged not to support.

https://www.salon.com/2021/04/07/large-corporations-are-already-breaking-their-promises-to-not-donate-to-republicans_partner/
https://popular.info/p/these-corporations-broke-their-pledge

2 replies, 454 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Large corporations are already breaking their promises to not donate to Republicans (Original post)
rpannier Apr 11 OP
I_UndergroundPanther Apr 11 #1
FakeNoose Apr 11 #2

Response to rpannier (Original post)

Sun Apr 11, 2021, 08:07 PM

1. Fucking fascist hypocrite

Ceos . We should publically shame the fuck out of them for supporting fascism and terrorists. Call them traitors on tv over and over.
Then boycott them.

Hate and shame and humiliation is what these pig parasites need.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to rpannier (Original post)

Sun Apr 11, 2021, 08:10 PM

2. I suggest we compare a list of GOP big money donors

... against the list of major US corporations that are paying little or no federal taxes.

This is something DUers can do, am I right?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread