HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » DKOS: Arizona 'Democrat' ...

Thu May 13, 2021, 06:59 PM

DKOS: Arizona 'Democrat' Kyrsten Sinema burns her voters back home, while D.C. Republicans cheer

Sahil Kapur
@sahilkapur
·
9h
McConnell tells @BretBaier
that S1 is toast. “It’s not gonna pass the Senate. There's not a single Republican for it. Sen. Manchin, Sen. Sinema made it clear they're not going to get rid of the legislative filibuster. It would take 60 votes to pass this bill. It will not pass.”

Joe Sudbay
@JoeSudbay
·
May 11
Now we've got Karl Rove's SuperPAC spotlighting the words of @SenatorSinema
for sticking with GOP on filibuster

They'll spend million in ads against Kelly in 2022 and her in 2024, but, for now, she's their pal

Sinema once sported nearly 70% approval ratings among Democrats in her state. Now, that’s down to 34%, with more Democrats disapproving, at 39%. That presents a key opening for a serious primary campaign, in a state in which an unabashed liberal—see Mark Kelly—can win a general election. This isn’t West Virginia. We don’t need to be glad that Joe Manchin exists, as infuriating as he is. Arizona can and should do better.

Yet despite those woeful ratings, Sinema doesn’t feel the need to reach out to key Democratic organizers in her state, or anyone else for that matter, as this brutal headline explains: “Kyrsten Sinema doesn’t feel the need to explain herself.”

It’s not even that Sinema is doing McConnell and the GOP’s dirty bidding for them; it’s that she somehow believes that actively ignoring the Democratic base in Arizona helps her politically!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/5/13/2030311/-Sinema-is-a-darling-of-Republicans-but-voters-remain-unimpressed

Lots of graphs that all point to her ratings flipping when she thumbs-downed the minimum wage/fillibuster.

8 replies, 834 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply DKOS: Arizona 'Democrat' Kyrsten Sinema burns her voters back home, while D.C. Republicans cheer (Original post)
TheBlackAdder May 13 OP
OAITW r.2.0 May 13 #1
FlyingPiggy May 13 #2
Ferrets are Cool May 13 #4
FlyingPiggy May 15 #6
PortTack May 13 #3
BradAllison May 13 #5
dansolo May 15 #7
smirkymonkey May 15 #8

Response to TheBlackAdder (Original post)

Thu May 13, 2021, 07:04 PM

1. Check her bank accounts.

Principle always seems to take a backseat to principal.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu May 13, 2021, 07:06 PM

2. she'll pay for it dearly. Every democrat I know is pissed and gunning for her.

she's gonna have a fight in the primaries

Reply to this post

Response to FlyingPiggy (Reply #2)

Thu May 13, 2021, 08:01 PM

4. I shudder when I hear "she'll pay for it"

Isn't she entitled to lifetime benefits and pretty much insured a lobbyist (or some other cushy) job if she loses the next election? That doesn't sound like "paying for it".

Reply to this post

Response to Ferrets are Cool (Reply #4)

Sat May 15, 2021, 01:49 AM

6. And god knows what she makes in kickbacks. But it goes without say,

“That she will pay for it” politically and that is the ultimate prize. They give her a lot of money for that prize. She won’t need the free pension or healthcare. She won’t need a job. She’ll be mire than financially independent.

Reply to this post

Thu May 13, 2021, 07:06 PM

3. manchin has come around at least enough to get some things accomplished

I believe she will have to fold.

Schumer seems positive, as do others I’ve seen interviewed including Amy K.

Reply to this post

Thu May 13, 2021, 08:04 PM

5. Meanwhile, Republicans back home are doing everything to make sure Senator Fuck Off.....

...never gets elected again. They'll probably pass a bill not allowing Democrats on a ballot.

Reply to this post

Sat May 15, 2021, 06:48 AM

7. A former Green is actually a DINO, what a surprise.

Funny how she now opposes everything she supposedly stood for when she was part of the Green Party. Makes you think that maybe Greens are full of shit.

Reply to this post

Sat May 15, 2021, 07:26 AM

8. So much for her political career.

I would really like to know what she thinks she's doing. Either she's incredibly stupid or incredibly corrupt and on the take from the republicans.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread