HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » When a reporter asked Pre...

Sat Jun 12, 2021, 10:50 AM

When a reporter asked President Biden if allies think "America is back,"Biden said to ask French Pr

?s=21

Yamiche Alcindor
@Yamiche
President Biden at G7: “The United States, I’ve said before, we’re back … The U.S. is back.”

When a reporter asked President Biden if allies think “America is back,”Biden said to ask French President Macron.

Macron responded, “Definitely. Definitely.”

2 replies, 2693 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply When a reporter asked President Biden if allies think "America is back,"Biden said to ask French Pr (Original post)
soothsayer Jun 2021 OP
BobTheSubgenius Jun 2021 #1
LiberalLovinLug Jun 2021 #2

Response to soothsayer (Original post)

Sat Jun 12, 2021, 01:27 PM

1. There was only one thing needed in order to understand and expect this.

The reaction of America's allies to BHO, in contrast to the foreign relations desert of the Bush years. How could they NOT be heartened???

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to soothsayer (Original post)

Sat Jun 12, 2021, 02:13 PM

2. I wish there were some kind of joint statement or something from world leaders

Leaders of democratic countries at least. Watching America from a distance, and some having gone through Fascism and Authoritarianism themselves, they must have been biting their collective tongues for 4 years.

But I wish some at least would risk whatever fallout would come and warn the US about Trump, and the encroaching Fascism if Trump is still coddled into 2024. Now that they do not have to worry that Trump will retaliate on their countries for speaking up.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread